Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the characteristics of an over pressure round?

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-09-20 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Come to think of it, the only ones I've seen stuck are those gray colored casings.
    I had a mix. All wolf but some were green unsealed, green sealed and gray. The gray were military classic box

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Then I looked at another mag, a Polish steel one and it had a large dent in it. Totally F'd. Follower is stuck, rounds just fell out after I took the first one out. 2 rounds also had dents.

Then I'm thinking maybe the pressure hit the metal mag causing it to have a huge dent but there's no damage or burn marks on the check rig where that mag was.

Then I thought maybe the dent is unrelated and I simply fell on something when I went prone and didn't realize it in all the excitement. But I'm a lefty and that part of the mag was facing my body not the ground!

WTF!

I'm willing to bet that was the mag you used to smack the mag release then smack the cleaning rod while still at the range. Pressure from a stuck case did not dent that mag, and if you fell on something and did that while getting prone you'd remember. You used that mag like a hammer while in an excited frenzy to get back to the firing line and this is the result.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-09-20 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never had steel 556. Obviously no other option for 545. Never had issues in 7.62x39 with gray cases.

With ammo being as cheap as it is now I try to stick with brass where I can but no issues with steel in handgun calibers. From now on I'll try to avoid the gray cases when possible

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-09-20 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I'm willing to bet that was the mag you used to smack the mag release then smack the cleaning rod while still at the range. Pressure from a stuck case did not dent that mag, and if you fell on something and did that while getting prone you'd remember. You used that mag like a hammer while in an excited frenzy to get back to the firing line and this is the result.
    I was thinking the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12