Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I had two Crossfires a year ago and a friend in my training circle also had one.

All three Crossfires died on their first range trip. There was an issue with the battery contacts in the cap not keeping the battery securely mounted. Vortex's version of a "fix" was to send us new battery caps which didn't do a thing because they were the same as the original caps.

My buddy had his replaced under warranty but had the same issue. I gave my two samples away to a friend who was informed of the issues.

This was a year or more ago (I don't recall the exact time frame). Im assuming based upon the raving reviews here that this issue is resolved?
    I think this thread has all of my experiences with them, pretty positive. The only thing I wish was different was that they were a tad brighter on high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Buy a SIG Romeo 5 from Brownells. With their "Forever" warranty, you can get your money back easy if it dies on you.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Primary Arms or Holosun micros can use Aimpoint micro mounts. Are there others that same the same footprint?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I had a 3 MOA red dot which I hated. If I were to get a RD it would be a 1 MOA. This would be better for both long and short distances in my opinion. I found this Barska 1MOA red dot for $77.00. It uses one AAA battery and weighs 7 oz. It comes with a quick detach mount. Brightness is adjustable. I really have no idea but this is what I would try for the money.

https://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-AC1315.../dp/B079W3HS37

and here

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...mm_hq_red.html
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 11-11-19 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I went ahead and got a Romeo 5 to try out. Got on sale for less than $100. For that price if it holds up, I will be happy.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567