Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Check out Defoor's instagram. He's running the new Vortex Crossfire RDS now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Check out Defoor's instagram. He's running the new Vortex Crossfire RDS now.
    Unpossible! He'll die in the street for sure!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has to be only a range gun, somebody better check and make sure.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Anyone know anything about the Sightmark Wolverine Red Dot Sight?

https://sightmark.com/product.php?item=1
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    OK, I can take the roasting, so...
    For a range, easy use .22 shooting (and you don't mind the kidding), CenterPoint optics can be had for less than $50. I have one, and it's been fine. On-line reviews I've found have been positive.
    I fully agree they would likely NOT take the hammering of hard use the higher-tier optics can handle, but for plain target shooting or simple drills, they will do the job.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The PA micro with 50k hour claim doesnt even come close. The Holosun/Sig Romeo5 and its spinoffs are excellent, 50k hrs, and durability is there. Sold my overpriced APs and havent looked back.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For RDS it seemed like the only good option for a long time was Aimpoint, and everything else was absolute garbage. Eotech could be Aimpoint-good or straight up trash, depending on who you were talking to at the time. Now all of a sudden there are quite a few options that may not be quite as good as Aimpoint, but aren't garbage either. As others have noted, brands like Holosun and Vortex can't really be ignored any more. They're proving durable and reliable in testing done by some legit individuals.

Personally I've always had a hard time with a plain red dot due to astigmatism. The Eotech reticle is better but not great because it's made of a bunch of small dots. Along comes Holosun with their circle dot reticle and I can see it clearly. It's hard to explain how exciting that is. I recently put a 507 on a G19 MOS and so far I'm loving it, so now I have a 503 on the way to test out on a rifle. If those hold up for a little while I think I'm going to try out one of their 510 models with a green reticle and see how it does.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I have astigmatism also. Eotechs were all I could run until Holosun came along with a much clearer reticle, at less than half the price.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Any love for the Nikon P Tactical red dot? Under $150, but do not use AP mounts like a lot of the mini dot sights.
    https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/...-superdot.html

I have an Ultra dot on a 10-22 which has been trouble free, but they are old school technology and I don't think I would buy another.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had two Crossfires a year ago and a friend in my training circle also had one.

All three Crossfires died on their first range trip. There was an issue with the battery contacts in the cap not keeping the battery securely mounted. Vortex's version of a "fix" was to send us new battery caps which didn't do a thing because they were the same as the original caps.

My buddy had his replaced under warranty but had the same issue. I gave my two samples away to a friend who was informed of the issues.

This was a year or more ago (I don't recall the exact time frame). Im assuming based upon the raving reviews here that this issue is resolved?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast