Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vortex has a great warranty, but I have never had to use it (knock on wood0. I still have a Razor HD Gen 2 1-6 mounted on my Noveske and a Razor Red Dot that is in Faraday cage as a back up. PSA has good sales on the Sig Romeo5's so I have a few of those and mounted a few for associates that like the features, quality, and price point (when on sale). No complaints on the six or so Sig's that I have put in action.
    Last edited by DD_USMC; 09-27-19 at 13:10. Reason: added comments

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have multiple PA, Holosun, Vortex, and Sig red dots on knockaround fun guns for years with no issues. I do especially like the Holosun circle dot reticle especially the fact you can turn it off and just have a dot. The PA ACSS ranging dots actually work as well. I also really like the "shake awake" feature. I have ones mounted for years with no battery changes that always come right on when I grab them from the safe.

One thing to note is that the PA and Holosun models are close to Aimpoint Micro size while the Sig is probably 20%+ larger and the Vortex Crossfire somewhere in-between. Maybe I'm just used to Micro size and anything else stands out.

Also, most of the mounts that come with them are less than inspiring, mostly due to mounting screw/thread quality. I have bought many used EE or sale quality Micro mounts to replace them.

Also watch out for the very cheap Holosun models that have bottom mounted batteries like an RMR. They work fine but you need to know what you are getting.

I would say they all have an equal chance at working out (again because they are all probably made in the same factory/process) but given all the possible features make sure of what you are getting!

Enjoy!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DD_USMC View Post
    Vortex has a great warranty, but I have never had to use it (knock on wood0. I still have a Razor HD Gen 2 1-6 mounted on my Noveske and a Razor Red Dot that is in Faraday cage as a back up. PSA has good sales on the Sig Romeo5's so I have a few of those and mounted a few fro associates that like the feature, quality, and price point (when on sale). No complaints on the six or so Sig's that I have put in action.
    Yea, I was looking pretty hard at the Romeo 5's for that reason, PSA has them dirt cheap from time to time- much less than the other honestly.....$120 vs. $150- Doesn't seem like much difference but it's 25% and if I bought 5 units it's like getting one for free.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It would be awesome if Vortex could introduce a Crossfire with 50k battery life and/or shake awake and/or EOTech/UH-1 style reticle. I'd pay $200 for one with all of that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I found that Vortex Spitfire's work best for my eyes, it has a similar reticle to Eotech.
    I have 5 of them now and have not paid over $150.00 each. I bought 3 new and 2 used, vortex has a great warranty so buying used I don't worry about.
    Black Friday is around the corner if you can wait, I would imagine you can find them within your budget.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've been a registered, well documented, Holosun hater for years now. However, I am to the point with them where they really can't be ignored anymore. They are now offering titanium housed, dual power, shake awake (my favorite feature), Aimpoint level battery life optics that are just flat out running for a very reasonable price point.

If I was going to buy some budget optics anytime soon, I would be looking at Holosun personally. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Crossfire RDS for my .22 upper. It seems very well built. I imagine you can use it on something more powerful than a .22 as well. The lifetime warranty is what drew me to it vs others at that price point.

I like it enough that I just got a 1-6x Strike Eagle for my 18" Wylde upper I built.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I have a Crossfire RDS for my .22 upper. It seems very well built. I imagine you can use it on something more powerful than a .22 as well. The lifetime warranty is what drew me to it vs others at that price point.

I like it enough that I just got a 1-6x Strike Eagle for my 18" Wylde upper I built.
    Mine is on my 12ga 870. But it only has like 25 rounds through it. Still, if it was going to die from recoil, I half expected it to be immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Under $100: Truglo 20mm red dot.

Under $150: Any holosun or sig that has the features you want

Under $235~: Holosun 515GM or Sig Romeo 4m (or whatever the newest version is)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am but a sample of 1, but my experience with PA is not positive. I had a micro-red dot (I can look up the model number later) but the screws that held the mount into the body “egged” the holes and stripped them out. The dot fell off while shooting. It was mounted on my 10.5” SBR and I had only put maybe, maybe 250 rounds through it.

I have been looking at the Sigs and hoping they are a bit more robust. I keep Aimpoint for my HD gun.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast