Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am but a sample of 1, but my experience with PA is not positive. I had a micro-red dot (I can look up the model number later) but the screws that held the mount into the body “egged” the holes and stripped them out. The dot fell off while shooting. It was mounted on my 10.5” SBR and I had only put maybe, maybe 250 rounds through it.

I have been looking at the Sigs and hoping they are a bit more robust. I keep Aimpoint for my HD gun.
    With these cheaper optics you need to be sure to check and carefully locktite the screws when new. I assume I am getting less than rigorous setup with a $130 RDS...

I have egged out T1 holes as well not being careful.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a SIG Romeo 5 (obviously manufactured by Holosun or whoever makes them for Holosun) which I purchased through Brownells for $100. Found a used American Defense 1/3 mount for $60. Mounted it on a beater AR15 and now its on my 9MM AR SBR. So far, so good.

Reason I purchased through Brownells is their "Forever Warranty".

It breaks, Don't like it, Don't want it, send it back for a refund. FOREVER.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I have a SIG Romeo 5 (obviously manufactured by Holosun or whoever makes them for Holosun) which I purchased through Brownells for $100. Found a used American Defense 1/3 mount for $60. Mounted it on a beater AR15 and now its on my 9MM AR SBR. So far, so good.

Reason I purchased through Brownells is their "Forever Warranty".

It breaks, Don't like it, Don't want it, send it back for a refund. FOREVER.
    I did not know Brownells did that. That’s like the Vortex warranty. And that’s with anything they sell and not just their labeled stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I did not know Brownells did that. That’s like the Vortex warranty. And that’s with anything they sell and not just their labeled stuff?

Yessir.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Yessir.

Thanks Aggie. Hmmm I should send my empty paint cans back...

JK
    That kind of service or warranty is unheard of. I suspect they will get more of my money than they already get. Hard to go wrong there.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Just pick a PA or Holosun model you like and roll with it.
    Like someone else here said, I've been an "avoid cheap optics like the plague" guy for years, after a bad experience with a knockoff eotech, and a cheaper Vortex, BUT the PA/Holo optics are at a point now where they can't really be ignored.
    Personally I'd probably go PA, as they supposedly QC their branded optics themselves, but...that 507 also has me looking hard at RDS'ing a pistol for literally the first time ever...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Pretty close to everything.

Guaranteed. Forever.®
    We make purchasing and returning products as simple as possible.

If you buy a product from Brownells and decide you don’t need it, don’t want it, or just don’t like it, we’ll take it back any time… with a few exceptions

Exceptions include:

Firearms
    Ammunition
    Modified 80% frames & receivers
    Gun powder
    Primers
    Liquids
    ORM-D/Hazardous items
    All other products are Guaranteed. Forever.® you can easily identify these products by the Guaranteed. Forever.® Icon.

Guaranteed. Forever.

https://www.brownells.com/helpcenter...ndex.htm?id=57

Feedback Score
    I ran a Sig Romeo 4 in an SLR Works mount for 2 years as a patrol rifle optic. The battery lasted over a year. I never turned it off and it was set a medium-high setting. It never lost zero. It spent its life bouncing around loose in the truck of a fleet car, being mounted in a vertical rack between the front seats in my assigned car, multiple carbine courses, yearly quals and monthly training. It had a total of around 7000 rounds through it.

Sadly, it was nixed from approved use. Those in charge didn't trust it so the rifle now wears and Aimpoint H2 and the Sig Romeo 4 in the SLR mount was moved to my wifes HD rifle and her Sig Romeo 4 in the stock mount was moved to a rifle I built for my brother.

I 100% trust my life and the life of others to it. I NEVER had to re-zero it. Even the Aimpoint PRO I had on it prior needed to be re-zeroed from time to time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No experience with it myself, but saw this and thought it might help with a decision:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/203634

$100 for the Crossfire red dot.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    No experience with it myself, but saw this and thought it might help with a decision:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/203634

$100 for the Crossfire red dot.
    That's an awesome price. I think they're clearing them out because there's an updated version coming with longer battery life (50k hrs) and night vision compatibility.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast