Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    That's an awesome price. I think they're clearing them out because there's an updated version coming with longer battery life (50k hrs) and night vision compatibility.
    Assuming? Or have you heard that somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Assuming? Or have you heard that somewhere?

Well their website says so

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Well their website says so

I think they made the announcement yesterday.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Damn, I missed that.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Just pick a PA or Holosun model you like and roll with it.
    Like someone else here said, I've been an "avoid cheap optics like the plague" guy for years, after a bad experience with a knockoff eotech, and a cheaper Vortex, BUT the PA/Holo optics are at a point now where they can't really be ignored.
    Personally I'd probably go PA, as they supposedly QC their branded optics themselves, but...that 507 also has me looking hard at RDS'ing a pistol for literally the first time ever...
    That's where I'm at. Years ago got cheapo RDS (Bushnell, and this funky Sightron that has like 4 reticles in it). Weren't bad for the time, but were unreliable, which ended any willingness to mess with cheap RDS or 1x sights--went 100% Aimpoint.

Fast forward a decade, competition plus manufacturing enhancements plus tech getting cheaper, there are options now that are so good I'm doing something I wouldn't have even considered 6 months ago: running a PA 1x prism sight (Cyclops) and selling the T1. It wasn't mainly about the cost. Thanks to the ACSS reticle and diopter adjustments, I shoot so much better with the PA beyond 50y, it's not even close.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Aimpoint.

Because that way, I don't piss away an additional $79.95 on Crapdot, from Breaksa, BEFORE I buy an Aimpoint anyways.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Aimpoint.

Because that way, I don't piss away an additional $79.95 on Crapdot, from Breaksa, BEFORE I buy an Aimpoint anyways.
    That’s almost four Crossfires. I’ll have maybe two guns with Aimpoints, everything else is getting a budget dot because it’s not a real defensive gun.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Good or not, I don't like the idea of chinese products on my guns because china is anti American. Not going to get lured in by cheap prices. This country is already way to dependent on an enemy country and that's bad juju.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    everything else is getting a budget dot because it’s not a real defensive gun.
    If it COULD be a defensive rifle... it GETS an Aimpoint.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    If it COULD be a defensive rifle... it GETS an Aimpoint.
    I followed this rule until a few months ago when I bought an MRO, but it's not on a primary (or even secondary) carbine.

The only budget RDS I'm willing to mess with is the Crossfire. Mine have held zero and have been completely reliable,
    including time spent on a 308 AR and M14, but the Vortex lower 1/3 mount didn't survive the 308s, but I may have over
    torqued the skinny bolt.

This thread caused me to get another one for the 10/22. I expect it to work well in this non-critical role.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast