Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I will probably get one of these and see how I like it. Once vetted, probably get a couple more for my fun guns. I have 1 T1 and would like a T2 for my HD use guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Well their website says so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Best Inexpensive Red Dots?

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    If it COULD be a defensive rifle... it GETS an Aimpoint.
    How do you define what could be a defensive gun? Literally any gun could be. But my primary house gun has a T2, my primary GP gun has a Razor, and my backup gun has an EXPS 3. I hate the PRO and am only interested in micros so the cheapest Aimpoint I would be buying is the H series. Not worth it to me for the price. If all three of my fighting guns go down, and the Crossfire on one of my non fighting guns goes down too, then clearly I’m meant to die.

Obviously this is all opinion, but that’s mine. And why I’m happy to throw Crossfires on stuff left and right at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been buying Holosun optics lately. Those green reticles work well for my eyes. Then if you are patient, the prices are hard to argue with when you can find them on sale. I plan to get a little rough with the base 403 green dot to see how it holds up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like all my HoloSun models.

Interestingly I was just running YT vids the other day and one with Garandthumb and Travis Haley came up. Apparently Haley is a big Holosun fan as well.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How do you define what could be a defensive gun? Literally any gun could be.
    COULD be why I have an Aimpoint Pro on my AR .22

Or it could just be, that as I prepare, so do I train.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    COULD be why I have an Aimpoint Pro on my AR .22

Or it could just be, that as I prepare, so do I train.
    Pretty sure I don’t need an Aimpoint on every rifle. I mean if someone wants to give me a few more then I’ll do it.

My 22 can get a holosun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've owned about 6 of these budget red dots since 2014 or so. When I say 6, though that doesnt mean all at once. I mean; I wore 3 of them out, and Primary Arms replaced them under warranty. Now I currently have one of the old models, one of the Holosun gen 2, and a new Holosun gen 3. I think Holosun is the oem manufacture you see for sig and vortex. Any of the companies that are advertising 50k+ battery life SHOULD be gtg. The models that kept dieing on me couldn't be left on between range trips. Both of my holosuns get left on, and one has been going for 1.5 years on the same battery. Back in the day it was easy to see the quality difference between a cheap red dot and an Aimpoint. Now it's really to the point I need to see some rate of failure data to determine if the Aimpoint really is better. The last holosun I got has incredible quality for $180.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Pretty sure I don’t need an Aimpoint on every rifle. I mean if someone wants to give me a few more then I’ll do it.

My 22 can get a holosun.

Yea, I own three S&W MP15, .22s and I'm not going ashore on Iwo Jima with any of them....Also, just in case that's not "hardcore" enough..." Mon crayon est grande et jaune"....so...Yea, there's that...
    Last edited by Esq.; 09-29-19 at 13:15.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    5 years ago I wouldn't have used a cheapo dot even on a range gun but PA/Holosun/Sig/Vortex seemed to have figured out how to make them more reliable and have 50k battery life. I personally have a Sig Romeo 5 and a PA that go on guns for range duty. I try to buy made in USA as much as possible but we all make compromises somewhere.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trainers who are running or recommending brands like PA or Holosun on 'serious use' rifles:

Haley discussing running a Holosun on his personal rifle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=polxptTGKMk

Kyle Defoor discussing red dots, LPVO's, and recommended brands for LPVO's:
    https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/red-do...5-kyle-defoor/
    As far as low powered variable optic manufacturers, essentially I would say you have your “big four”, which are Vortex, Schmidt & Bender, Nightforce and Leupold. And then you have your “other” three…Kahles, Steiner and Primary Arms. But all of those guys make LPVs that are good.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast