Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC muzzle device instal advice

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

KAC QDC muzzle device instal advice

I received my Knights can after a short one year and four days. Anywho, I bought a QDC mount because I will always run the can. My question, do I need to shim this device. They gave shims but I am not sure why, its just a three prong adapter.

Also, is there any advantage to running the MAMS if you run suppressed 100% of the time?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-24-19 at 16:29.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Shim it so the "nib" is at 12 o'clock. Nefarious Arms(Marvin Pitts) installed 4 MAMS and 4 3 prongs for me while also doing additional work. Each was indexed to 12 o' clock. Since he used to be a KAC master armorer, I defer to him. He is unquestioningly one of the best. Albeit slow.

MAMS serve as a sacrificial baffle. Use them on guns I only shoot suppressed for this reason as well as smoothing them out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Shim it so the "nib" is at 12 o'clock. Nefarious Arms(Marvin Pitts) installed 4 MAMS and 4 3 prongs for me while also doing additional work. Each was indexed to 12 o' clock. Since he used to be a KAC master armorer, I defer to him. He is unquestioningly one of the best. Albeit slow.

MAMS serve as a sacrificial baffle. Use them on guns I only shoot suppressed for this reason as well as smoothing them out.
    You think the MAMS makes the can quieter, Ive heard the only knock on KAC cans is there are louder than other cans. This one is going on a SR15 , 16 inch gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do think it makes it slightly quieter.

Overall, I feel MAMS are the best "brake" and QD device; period. I like KAC QD better than three lug.

MAMS + SR15= AR perfection.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I do think it makes it slightly quieter.

Overall, I feel MAMS are the best "brake" and QD device; period. I like KAC QD better than three lug.

MAMS + SR15= AR perfection.
    I guess Im going to have too buy that Motherfker

$300 more down the shter

PB

PB

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I feel like my KAC uppers deserve MAMS, but Surefire cans are so much cheaper that the responsible part of me knows that a WarComp is a better fiscal decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The MAMS is worth it. Covering it with a can makes me cringe because of the cost for a suppressor mount. I don't notice any difference in sound with the can between it and the FH. With the can off, the MAMS is the obvious choice.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    MAMS is overrated imo.

Yes it works as advertised. If you like carbon blown all over the top of your gat.

KAC cans are cool though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I feel like my KAC uppers deserve MAMS, but Surefire cans are so much cheaper that the responsible part of me knows that a WarComp is a better fiscal decision.
    +1 to that. Surefire cans are universal and probably a better investment from the compatibility standpoint.

I have a KAC MAMS NT4 brake (cheaper version - not QDC model) pinned on a 14.5". As a brake it works amazingly well. Muzzle stays flat and does not move at all. Much much quieter than Surefire brake for both the shooter and people on the side. I was expecting an increased blast and sound signature, but surprisingly I don't notice a difference in blast or noise levels between MAMS NT4 brake and an A2. I'm very, very happy with it and considering getting a QDC model next.

Something to consider - MAMS NT4 brake is somewhat "flashy". I don't shoot at night and don't mind a flash signature unless excessive, but NT4 brake occasionally throws small fireballs which are noticeable during the day both to the naked eye and through the optics.
    Last edited by alx01; 09-25-19 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    If the can lives on the gun the orientation of the mount does not matter.

As for getting better supression with the MAMS, there might be someting to that. Griffin Armament makes a mount similar to the MAMS and they have stated that mount works the gas harder than their other mounts. My guess is the MAMS and similar impart more turbulance to the gas which could result in better supression.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast