Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC QDC muzzle device instal advice

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    All KAC suppressor mounts are designed to work with at least one shim at 20 ft/lbs of torque with rocksett.
    At least one shim should be used, even if you don't care about the orientation of the flash pattern or index pin.

The QDC MAMS drops a decibel or two when under a can in relation to a standard FH. Also reduces blast baffle wear. Pretty good brake, but if recoil reduction is the only concern, there are more economical high performers on the market.

I am not following on the criticism that they "blow carbon all over your gat" any more than any other brake.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am not following on the criticism that they "blow carbon all over your gat" any more than any other brake.
    Haven't noticed this either.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Brake installed, going to run it side by side with my Mini 4 from AAC with another 16 inch gun. The shim kit is the best damn shim kit on planet earth. The directions are brilliant.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Brake installed, going to run it side by side with my Mini 4 from AAC with another 16 inch gun. The shim kit is the best damn shim kit on planet earth. The directions are brilliant.

PB
    You end up going with the MAMS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Please post some close up pictures. Thinking about getting QDC brake and wanted to see how it looks like vs NT4 brake I have.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Please post some close up pictures. Thinking about getting QDC brake and wanted to see how it looks like vs NT4 brake I have.
    Sorry man, I cant post pics because Im old and techno challenged. Mark might post a one.

I used what I had which was the QDC mount. Did a1:00 position after torque for the NIB. Followed Jack L's advice. I compared it to the Mini4 AAC suppressor and the AAC is larger, however the sound suppression was the same. The brass popped out at 3:00 and not too aggressive. I did put an A5 system on the gun. It wouldn't lock back with the soft Colt 20 round mags which is an issue with Colt 20 rounders , not KAC. Soft springs. Pmags and 30 rounders did fine. Happy with my purchase.

The gun ran awesome and shot very flat at 50 yard steel slamming drills on 1 power with NF8 1-8. Double and triple tap were way easy on center mass drills and running the rack on MGM plate rack. Ran out to 750 for fun, very easy on Markm house load.

Mark can give his impressions as well if he jumps in.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-29-19 at 21:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Sorry again Al, didn't read your post closely. PM me with cell or email and I'll send pics of the brake. Its more of a 3 prong flash hider. With a nib on the end.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This can is really cool. It sound right on par with the AAC Mini 4, which I love. People might argue that it's not hearing safe, but I find the mini cans have less port snap and are just as quiet as full size cans from the shooter position.

I took the can off a few times during our shoot just to check it out and see if there was any lock up/seize with the mount system. Can comes off fine and the big collar is easy to unscrew when the can is warm/hot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This can is really cool. Can comes off fine and the big collar is easy to unscrew when the can is warm/hot.
    KAC QDC cans are best thing going right now. Doesn't hurt they look nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast