Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KAC QDC muzzle device instal advice

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Reviving this as I'm probably a few days away from buying a QDC can. I already submitted the paperwork for a trust so I'm just waiting on it to come back and wondering if the new KAC cans are coming out in the meantime.

That being said, I know some breaks serve as a sacrificial baffle for the suppressor which reduces wear and can save it in the case of a baffle strike. Does the MAMS do that? Or is that only breaks that are designed more like the surefire?

Also, anyone ever run the MAMS on a 10.3? Its somewhat flashy on my 14.5, I'm curious how much of a thumping flame thrower it'd be on the MK18.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Reviving this as I'm probably a few days away from buying a QDC can. I already submitted the paperwork for a trust so I'm just waiting on it to come back and wondering if the new KAC cans are coming out in the meantime.

That being said, I know some breaks serve as a sacrificial baffle for the suppressor which reduces wear and can save it in the case of a baffle strike. Does the MAMS do that? Or is that only breaks that are designed more like the surefire?

Also, anyone ever run the MAMS on a 10.3? Its somewhat flashy on my 14.5, I'm curious how much of a thumping flame thrower it'd be on the MK18.
    The MAMS does extend the life of baffles, especially with short barrels.
    MAMS will show a little more flash on a short barrel than on a long barrel, but a lot of that depends on the individual ammo and its flash suppressant.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

A member here posted a while back (MAMS on 12.5"). Pretty good for a brake IMO, but not a flash hider.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    A member here posted a while back (MAMS on 12.5"). Pretty good for a brake IMO, but not a flash hider.

Nice, I hadn't seen that. That is pretty good. I need to film mine, I know how it looks from my perspective but I'm curious what it looks like from other angles.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I will tell you when running the gun without the can, it’s truly amazing. Gun does not budge, it is impressive. I tried to not buy it at first, but sucked it up and boy oh boy. Get that mams, it also made my can more hush hush.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The MAMS does extend the life of baffles, especially with short barrels.
    MAMS will show a little more flash on a short barrel than on a long barrel, but a lot of that depends on the individual ammo and its flash suppressant.
    A little off topic, does the triple tap do the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234