Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Green Beret charged with spying for Russia

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Former Green Beret charged with spying for Russia

That's not a good development and treason should end with firing squad:

Former Green Beret charged with spying for Russia

"According to the indictment, Debbins was slowly groomed and indoctrinated into the Russian intelligence apparatus starting in December 1996 when Debbins traveled to Chelyabinsk as part of an independent study program, according to the indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia.

He was assigned a code name by Russian intelligence agents and signed a document saying he wanted to serve Russia, the Department of Justice said.

Debbins allegedly shared classified information about his time in the Special Forces, including names and information on his former team members that Russian agents could evaluate and possibly approach those people to see if they would cooperate."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/f...ussia-n1237750
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Yep, traitors should be executed. That said, the Walker ring was said to be the most damaging to the U.S. in history, but none of them got executed..
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-22-20 at 10:02.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's not going to stop until someone takes a bullet for it.
    Honestly, if there was ever a reason to torture with the intent of giving someone a painful slow death, screwing your Team by turning their data over to a foreign intelligence agency might be it.

Feedback Score
    Put him and a bunch of the dems in a room with water no food and let them starve to death

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This whole story is fishy. Did you guys read the whole article or just the headline?

The guy went to Russia before he joined the Army.

After he joined the Army and was in S.F. and stationed in S. Korea, he went to Russia while on leave.

Does the Army do background check on SF candidates? I don't know because I've never been one, only saw the movies.

Also went you (anybody) leave the country and upon your returning to the U.S. or wherever you were (S. Korea?), the custom agent asks you where you were, what you were doing there, etc. Did his answer set any alarm off? I would suppose that being an SF, he received "Secret" or "Top Secret" clearance from the DOD. I'm pretty sure, they know where you are/went/been.

Fishy I smell. Yoda said.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, they do background checks, but I've known a couple Russians who were stellar troops.
    National origin means nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This whole story is fishy. Did you guys read the whole article or just the headline?

After he joined the Army and was in S.F. and stationed in S. Korea, he went to Russia while on leave.

Does the Army do background check on SF candidates? I don't know because I've never been one, only saw the movies.

Also went you (anybody) leave the country and upon your returning to the U.S. or wherever you were (S. Korea?), the custom agent asks you where you were, what you were doing there, etc. Did his answer set any alarm off? I would suppose that being an SF, he received "Secret" or "Top Secret" clearance from the DOD. I'm pretty sure, they know where you are/went/been.

Sounds like someone else higher up in the Army was on the GRU payroll and was signing off on this guy doing all this stuff without it sounding alarms.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Yes there is a pretty extensive background check, and any foreign travel raises questions. Not that foreign travel is an automatic disqualifier, but they do ask a lot of questions about it.

Feedback Score
    How about a former Marine, lived in Russia, came back. Possibilities?
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by REDinFL View Post
    How about a former Marine, lived in Russia, came back. Possibilities?
    I see what you did there.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast