Thread: Impeachment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    At the end of the day this is what it’s all about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There it is.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The issue is that these guys have basically an unimited budget. That is the problem. I'm not saying that we have to have a balanced budget every year, but something to keep the spending in check with some kind of vague ability to service the debt. When interest rates rise and all this low cost debt goes away, that is when the candle blows out and the darkness takes over. Right around when I retire. Which either sucks because I don't get to retire, or IJDGAF.
    We absolutely should have balanced budgets at every single level government. That whole ”keeper of the public trust and fiduciary” is about as serious and important as it gets. That's the entire reason for their jobs, to justly, fairly and correctly apportion the monies collected from the taxes to the business of government and public good. And be accountable for every cent. Think about it. We fought a war over tax on tea and now half of our money goes to the King with nothing gained in return for most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Well, as a historian my gut is saying the combined worst of Nam and ETO partisan/guerrilla warfare, block-by-block and house-to-house rather than the relatively clean lines-on-a-map and orderly formations on clear battlefields of the Civil War. What I *know* is Electric Boogaloo, if it happened, would alter *everybody's* lives for the worse for at least 2-3 generations--look at Former Yugoslavia, it's a quarter-century later and more than you'd expect of Sarajevo is still rubble and ruins.
    French Revolution. You have the elites losing their heads, again. General craziness and violence. That is more the big model. What I really think happens is that half the US just checks out. We aren't the kind to put on penis hats and march down the street or get a Netflix deal and make movies disparaging the other side. You'll just get a general disregard for national govt. There are places in Chicago that the police won't go, there will be places in the US that the FBI won't go. Apathy over antagonism.

ETA, on Shapiro's comment- is Cali's Red Flag law up and running yet? I can't see how someone doesn't out him on his comment and he gets a visit...

ETA: Soooo, these hearings are being held as depositions under subpoena so that they can be held confidential, and the GOP can't get our the exculpatory evidence or testimony-- but the bad stuff about Trump is getting out? Why isn't there an investigation into that?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 10-15-19 at 09:10.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They just keep poking the Bear, that ole Bear with the red and blue chains around his neck, good ole Merica the Dancing Bear, he been dancing for a very long
    time.
    He a good ole Bear, Merica, he don't hardly even growl when the sticks poke him too hard, he just huff and huff, but dem eyes , if looks could kill, but the Blue
    chain people they only see those black claws and want to cut them off, they afraid of de black claws, the Red chain people they just want all the honey poor ole
    Bear finds when he ain't being beat by those sticks.
    Poor ole Bear, he just wants out of the chains and be left alone, but that ain't gonna happen, Red and Blue chain people love to poke the Bear.
    Maybe some day the Blue chain people get to try and cut those dreaded black claws off, that what ole Merica is waiting for, they get just a little closer, a little
    closer with those claw clippers, just a little closer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    They just keep poking the Bear, that ole Bear with the red and blue chains around his neck, good ole Merica the Dancing Bear, he been dancing for a very long
    time.
    He a good ole Bear, Merica, he don't hardly even growl when the sticks poke him too hard, he just huff and huff, but dem eyes , if looks could kill, but the Blue
    chain people they only see those black claws and want to cut them off, they afraid of de black claws, the Red chain people they just want all the honey poor ole
    Bear finds when he ain't being beat by those sticks.
    Poor ole Bear, he just wants out of the chains and be left alone, but that ain't gonna happen, Red and Blue chain people love to poke the Bear.
    Maybe some day the Blue chain people get to try and cut those dreaded black claws off, that what ole Merica is waiting for, they get just a little closer, a little
    closer with those claw clippers, just a little closer.
    I won’t damn lie. I read this in Uncle Remus’ voice and it was epic.

Now I gotta cue up Zippie dee doo dah....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First it was Hunter Biden, oil man.

Then Hunter Biden, hedge fund manager extraordinaire.

Now it's Hunter Biden, international real estate law expert.

From the right wing conspiracy website... NBC News
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...about-n1071031

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    First it was Hunter Biden, oil man.

Then Hunter Biden, hedge fund manager extraordinaire.

Now it's Hunter Biden, international real estate law expert.

From the right wing conspiracy website... NBC News
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...about-n1071031
    I was going to say Hunter Biden, Grifter. But then I realized he isn't smart enough to be a grifter. All his "positions" have been handed to him because of daddy.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I am uninformed person as I don't follow much news. I don't get why they have not made a formal vote for the impeachment inquiry, it seems like the democrats could do that little thing first so as to follow a established procedure. That seems to be the preamble to a impeachment inquiry, then the actual inquiry and then a vote for impeachment if the inquiry found sufficient cause. If there is a established pathway to Impeachment why not follow it. to do otherwise is a good reason for the Senate to reject the proceedings in total.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    I am uninformed person as I don't follow much news. I don't get why they have not made a formal vote for the impeachment inquiry, it seems like the democrats could do that little thing first so as to follow a established procedure. That seems to be the preamble to a impeachment inquiry, then the actual inquiry and then a vote for impeachment if the inquiry found sufficient cause. If there is a established pathway to Impeachment why not follow it. to do otherwise is a good reason for the Senate to reject the proceedings in total.
    They do not want to force vulnerable dems facing re election in states Trump carried. If they vote for impeachment they will likely lose their seats. So no vote. Another reason is if they vote they have to start following rules. They can pretty much make up their own rules if it isn't formal. They know the chances of impeaching him are slim to none. It's all about keeping it headline news for as long as possible.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The short version is if they had a vote it would have to move into the open. The way it is now they can have secret testimony, release only what they want and keep the rest hidden away under color of secrecy.

Page 49 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast