Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I think when we admit it, the Seventeenth Amendment will be where we lost the Republic.
    Interested to know why you feel that way, hadn't ever thought about it.

Is it because you feel that State Legislatures would select Senators who are less influenced by special interests? Or maybe that they wouldn't send the same folks over and over?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I think when we admit it, the Seventeenth Amendment will be where we lost the Republic.
    While I can agree with the detriment of the 17th Amendment the downfall of the Republic started in December 1863 with the Reconstruction Era. The federal government became what the Founding Fathers didn't want- an all powerful central government. And then the 16th Amendment turned individual citizens into revenue generators for that government.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Everybody gets all butt hurt because I don't choose to embrace a man I wouldn't want as a friend, or near my daughters, to my bosom as the savior of America.
    You talking about Biden again?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This whole impeachment thing is failing miserably in the House and will be DOA in the Senate (if it even gets that far). It is a complete sham. The American people see it, Congress knows it and the SCOTUS is probably chuckling at idiots like Schiff and his DNC loonies on that Committee trying to rely on hearsay and shifting the "prosecution" watchwords every other day.

This is a desperate Hail Mary with one second left on the clock to divert attention away from several other items which will expose deep corruption in our own government and how government officials tried to take part in a soft coup not only to disrupt a lawful Presidential election, but continuing trying to disrupt it after the President was elected. I used to think people were reasonable enough to see what is going on. But this tribal warfare has reached limits even I didn't think were possible.

Now, when they fail at impeachment, I fear what the next (il)logical step of usurping Trump will be to the DNC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post

Now, when they fail at impeachment, I fear what the next (il)logical step of usurping Trump will be to the DNC.
    This. Hell, at this point Trump wouldn't know what to do if he was able to govern for 6 months without an ongoing investigation.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    This. Hell, at this point Trump wouldn't know what to do if he was able to govern for 6 months without an ongoing investigation.
    Actually, I was thinking something far more sinister. They couldn't beat him in the campaigns, they couldn't beat him at the ballot box, they haven't beaten him in the courts, their investigations have fallen flat on their face and they are looking to fail miserably in the election next year.

Desperate people do stupid things.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    And you have to ask yourself if we could even get an impartial investigation by government agencies or reporting from the press if such a sinister act occurred.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Actually, I was thinking something far more sinister. They couldn't beat him in the campaigns, they couldn't beat him at the ballot box, they haven't beaten him in the courts, their investigations have fallen flat on their face and they are looking to fail miserably in the election next year.

Desperate people do stupid things.
    That would be a giant mistake. But I could see them tearing what’s left of this country’s cohesion completely to shreds if “they have to”.

All this because they lost an election. History will not be kind to this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    How many democrat candidates for el presidente in 2020 are senators? Yeah, they are getting nervous: if this goes to the senate, they will have to decide to they sit in on a trial, or do they campaign. Trump et al., are all hoping this makes it to the senate. The democrats do not have the numbers and the 2020 hopefuls will be tied up.

I read an article where some are pushing to either finish this in the next couple weeks, or just stop it all together and push for a censure and move on. In any case, Trump doesn't have to do anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    That would be a giant mistake. But I could see them tearing what’s left of this country’s cohesion completely to shreds if “they have to”.

All this because they lost an election. History will not be kind to this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not really the election, but rather the carte blanche of mining "aid" through the State Department and family members, that both parties are guilty of. Republicans want to know why Republicans are not all in on helping Trump? China tariffs are crushing how they skim American taxpayer dollars.

The Democrats got really good at skimming money through the State Department during the Obama year...Clinton Foundation as exhibit A.

I will say it again, I didnt vote for Trump, but he has Red Pilled a bunch of people with how corrupt our Government is.

We are all walking the path to Balkanization. Im chose a state with a warm climate and bustling petrochemical/energy sector...because all solar/wind is showing is that it doesnt work when its cloudy and the wind is not blowing...petro fuels work 24/7/365.

Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast