Page 102 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1457

Thread: Impeachment

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    So if the President is acquitted in the Senate, what is stopping the dems from starting the Impeachment process again? Does Double Jeopardy apply? If's he's re-elected, are we going to see just a non-stop attempt at impeachment? It's like the old saying: "If you throw enough shit on the wall, some of it will stick".

At some point this has got to stop.
    Hope if he is reelected the House swaps to Republican and Republicans hold the Senate otherwise it will go on or get worse if republicans lose the Senate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Looks like moonshine.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Wow I never expected very much out of the IG, Durham and eventually Barr. It definitely seems like the IG is being taken to the woodshed by bar by Barr and Durham if the initial reports our true.

Now you have tell me this is all Mitch McConnell trap with an assist from the ghost of Christmas McCain ...

Sure, dude.
    Horowitz just did the best he could to defend the institution. He was given a pile of crap and told to make a meal out of it. So he warmed it up and threw on some garnish, but it's still crap. What the IG report boils down to is this: The IC, FBI and DoJ WANTED to investigate the Trump Campaign so badly, they ignored all the policies and procedures to do it. Did they have to ignore the Steele Dossier? No. Did they have to go all in and ignore all the signs that they were going off a cliff with it? Absolutely not.

I've done extensive research on this and I still can't definitively tell whether the spy operations started with Page or Papadopoulos? Their story keeps changing constantly and while I don't disparage Horowitz for not pinning down these professional liars, I think he could've left the determination of political bias "open to further evidence" rather than saying no bias was found. Occam's razor is simply inadequate to pass off all the coincidences aligning against the political campaign and in favor of Russian collusion, which didn't exist. This went to the very top of the FBI and shows that not only was Trump right to fire Comey, he didn't fire nearly enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Holy weak sauce Batman.

Really looks like this was all just a gambit to obscure the results from the IG report.

The most lasting thing out of all this may be that SCHIFF was playing funky with the power he had and the phone records.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the vulnerable Dems vote 50/50, not enough evidence for abuse but enough for "obstruction". It's a lower bar, same as lying is easier to prove than the original complaint in many of these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Hope if he is reelected the House swaps to Republican and Republicans hold the Senate otherwise it will go on or get worse if republicans lose the Senate.
    If they get all three, they need to punish the House Dems so harshly that they never forget.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Cracks in the DNC wall in the House.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...f-impeachment/

A group of around 10 moderate House Democrats has revived a proposal to censure President Trump over his actions regarding Ukraine rather than to impeach him, according to Politico.

The group is made up of representatives who won districts in 2018 that voted for Trump in the 2016 elections.

“I think it’s certainly appropriate and might be a little more bipartisan, who knows,” said Representative Kurt Schrader (D., Ore.).

“Right now, there’s no other options. [But] this is another option,” one lawmaker commented after attending a meeting of the group on Monday.

The group believes that censuring the President without impeachment will allow them to retain support in their districts for the 2020 elections. However, the idea faces very slim chances of success, with a solid majority of the House already backing impeachment
    I'm wondering if there are other hidden members that would jump ship and vote against Pelosi. Let's face it, some will be committing political suicide by going along with this nonsense.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/jonath...fe-dog-threats

George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley said Monday that even his wife and his dog were subjected to threats following his impeachment hearing appearance on Capitol Hill last week.

Appearing on CBS News' coverage of Monday's impeachment hearing, Turley revealed he wasn't the only one who'd received threats.

"I know you received a lot of threats after what you did last week," anchor Norah O’Donnell told Turley.

"And, my wife and dog," Turley said.

"Yes," O'Donnell responded, "although you did talk about them in your testimony, to be fair, though."
    I love how CBS News justified it by saying he talked about his family, hence, they are now fair game for threats.

You know, if the Right was half as violent as the Left accuses them of, we wouldn't have too many problems after the first couple of days.

It's like one of the OKC PD officers said about gun owners. "There are over 100 million legal gun owners in the country. If they were the problem, we'd all know about it."

The same can be said about the conservatives in this country.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never seen such a politcal cluster **** like this one. And I do remember Nixon and company.

Feedback Score
    For those middle of the road Dems I think the only way to ‘win’ or really ‘not lose’, is to vote ‘present’, or not even be there and go work at a soup kitchen or visit vets. Wash your hands of the whole thing. Same thing for Romney. If we are going to be sitting with the current ‘fact pattern’, Romney better not vote guilty. I can understand that he’d have a hard time voting ‘innocent’. Voting present may be his only real option.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The question I have is would a trial give a possibility of uncovering the corruption that Trump was trying to bring to light, or will any GOP members involved in it taint the trial to cover their own asses?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    The question I have is would a trial give a possibility of uncovering the corruption that Trump was trying to bring to light, or will any GOP members involved in it taint the trial to cover their own asses?
    Lindsay Graham is your Huckleberry, but he has ZERO plans to uncover anything.

Keep in mind, the Senate will get to write its own rules and they can, but wont, subpoena anyone they want.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The ComDems went from quid pro quo to bribery to corruption but end up with abuse of power. Which is not an impeachable offense. If it was we could clean house of our entire elected officials and start over.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 102 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast