Page 37 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Typical....

2nd amendment is my right

...im Ignoring the constitution if it is amended....

Hypocrites abound...

what evs...
    Some things transcend the constitution.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Echoing this, and irrespective of politics, we have a president being opposed by the entire bureaucratic entrenched career establishment, the media, and both sides of the political aisle.

That should be telling people there is something VERY wrong within our government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have never agreed more. Maybe too alarmist, I dunno. But after watching the mind-blowing levels of coordinated resistance to Trump's agenda, any ordinary lawful actions he has tried to take the last couple years, it feels like the rule of law has completely broken down at all levels--state, local, and national. If people don't agree with the President's agenda, directives, or legal actions, or some new law that Congress or other levels of government have passed, they feel free to completely ignore it and even try to undermine it. We're not talking about principled civil disobedience to immoral laws that would violate someone's natural/constitutional rights, like the right to life, freedom of speech, etc. We're talking about just ordinary everyday laws that govern civil society, like our immigration laws. Trump cannot even function doing the daily things a President needs to do without having his actions and conversations leaked, unfairly distorted, or undermined.

There is such an overwhelming flood of lawlessness going on, not even sure how you could stop it right now. Look at how long it's taking, and all the layers A.G. Barr has to peel back, to get to the bottom of the attempted coup and the Russian hoax. But that's just one plot--there are so many others being hatched and carried on right now, it's like you can't even keep up with it all. Meanwhile, they are accomplishing their main objective: 100% gridlock and blocking of Trump's agenda. This last part is what I think is causing a lot of anger in people. They sense that playing by the rules is not working any longer, and don't know what to do.
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-09-19 at 12:01. Reason: fix sentence

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The Constitution does nothing more than memorialize Mans Natural Rights......Some people, just don't "get it".
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    The Constitution does nothing more than memorialize Mans Natural Rights......Some people, just don't "get it".
    Yep. It's really quite sad and pathetic that people really believe that a "Right" is derived from some other person putting ink to paper and that it can be taken away from some other person putting ink to paper...

For all the intelligence, education and knowledge people have, actual wisdom is quite rare and fleeting.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Yep. It's really quite sad and pathetic that people really believe that a "Right" is derived from some other person putting ink to paper and that it can be taken away from some other person putting ink to paper...

For all the intelligence, education and knowledge people have, actual wisdom is quite rare and fleeting.
    Lazy education systems and a penchant for collective statism leads to people thinking that they are given rights. I'd rather inform and empower people. Pretty simple to ask people if blacks had the right to be free . before the 13th Amendment, and if we revoked it, would it be right to put people back into slavery? Makes it easier to grasp the concept.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Echoing this, and irrespective of politics, we have a president being opposed by the entire bureaucratic entrenched career establishment, the media, and both sides of the political aisle.

That should be telling people there is something VERY wrong within our government.
    Or that there's something very wrong with the President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My point with alcohol was that if even something like that could pass the difficult Constitutional amendment process someone should never say "Oh, it'll never happen with guns/free/speech/etc." It CAN happen, despite the built-in difficulty of the process.

I believe it is a natural right to defend myself, almost common sense. I don't need a Biblical quote to assure me that it's okay. Pretty sure God would want someone to be able to defend themselves.
    I'm absolutely sure God wants us to defend ourselves. Not going to look it up for the exact quote right now but: 'If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.' 'We have two swords.' 'Two is enough'

Defend ourselves is key to my thoughts, you my friend seem way to anxious to make war against your fellow Americans. Let them come to you, first.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Yep, i agree with you. IMO
    The 2nd is God's gift of freedom to protect ones self and belonging. people have been protecting themselves and carrying arms before the 2nd amendment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post

Okay, let me explain, oh, great possessor of all wisdom for all men.

Since man first had families, and then gathered into familial groups, and then into tribes, and then into larger groups called Nations, There have been rules. As the groups grew larger, the need for formal rules became necessary. That is the simple evolution of government from Adam to today.

By remaining within the 'tribe' you, at the minimum, tacitly agree to follow the rules of the tribe. The rules are necessary because as we live together, not everyone can have their way all the time.

Inalienable right are yours, they can't be taken away, but you can give them up, fully or partially. So in essence, we give up some portion of our inalienable rights to live in society and 'get along.' In other words we are coerced to give up portions of our inalienable rights up in return for living in a society. For example, I love laying a blanket in a grassy field and getting it on with my wife. Unfortunately, my city requires I mow my lawn, and has also codified that my neighbors probably don't want to see us scrogging in the front lawn by making such actions illegal. In this case my pursuit of happiness is abrogated. I give up the right to legally have sex whenever and wherever because I choose to live in a community.

This isn't rocket science. The honorable thing, the thing Jesus would tell us to do if we don't agree with the rules of the tribe, is to either change the rules through the acceptable processes, suck it up, or leave. The honorable answer isn't to attack the tribe.

So, if a misguided supermajority of the tribe - two thirds for a Constitutional Amendment - decides something, that is the will of the tribe. At that point I either suck it up or leave.

Sucking it up in some cases might mean simply laying low and giving up an enjoyable past time, while retaining firearms for self-defense. Other may capitulate. Others may say, well, we are beat for now, but we can rally the votes to overturn this abomination.

So, while we have inalienable rights, we are continually coerced to modify those rights by living in a society.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-09-19 at 16:38.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, let me explain, oh, great possessor of all wisdom for all men.

Since man first had families, and then gathered into familial groups, and then into tribes, and then into larger groups called Nations, There have been rules. As the groups grew larger, the need for formal rules became necessary. That is the simple evolution of government from Adam to today.

By remaining within the 'tribe' you, at the minimum, tacitly agree to follow the rules of the tribe. The rules are necessary because as we live together, not everyone can have their way all the time.

Inalienable right are yours, they can't be taken away, but you can give them up, fully or partially. So in essence, we give up some portion of our inalienable rights to live in society and 'get along.' In other words we are coerced to give up portions of our inalienable rights up in return for living in a society. For example, I love laying a blanket in a grassy field and getting it on with my wife. Unfortunately, my city requires I mow my lawn, and has also codified that my neighbors probably don't want to see us scrogging in the front lawn by making such actions illegal. In this case my pursuit of happiness is abrogated. I give up the right to legally have sex whenever and wherever because I choose to live in a community.

This isn't rocket science. The honorable thing, the thing Jesus would tell us to do if we don't agree with the rules of the tribe, is to either change the rules through the acceptable processes, suck it up, or leave. The honorable answer isn't to attack the tribe.

So, if a misguided supermajority of the tribe - two thirds for a Constitutional Amendment - decides something, that is the will of the tribe. At that point I either suck it up or leave.

Sucking it up in some cases might mean simply laying low and giving up an enjoyable past time, while retaining firearms for self-defense. Other may capitulate. Others may say, well, we are beat for now, but we can rally the votes to overturn this abomination.

So, while we have inalienable rights, we are continually coerced to modify those rights by living in a society.
    This is the “social contract” bull.

Just because a person is born in a geographical area, doesn’t mean they consent to a contract with others in that area. This is a very statist viewpoint to have. “Well . . . . . You continue to choose to live here . . . Therefore, you implicitly agree to NOT ONLY our restrictions and regulations, but worse, infringements and curtailments of your rights.”

This goes all the way to the core purpose of government, and what you believe that purpose is. I do not believe it is to destroy the rights of the individual in order to satisfy the whims of the majority mob.

“ We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security”

Don’t accept the results of elections which destroy your inherent rights.

Page 37 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast