Page 52 of 146 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Sondland now walking back his testimony....

“Pressure” isn’t just a Billy Joel song...
    He hasn't really brought any new info though. He now says he remembers talking with a Ukraine official about the meeting being withheld do to concerns of corruption in general. I think that's been public knowledge this whole time.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    He hasn't really brought any new info though. He now says he remembers talking with a Ukraine official about the meeting being withheld do to concerns of corruption in general. I think that's been public knowledge this whole time.
    I suppose it's not new info, just another confirmation that the WH was lying from day 1. New talking points will be that there's nothing wrong with quid pro quo & that it's not illegal. Mick apparently jumped the gun by a few weeks. I wonder if he'll walk back his walk back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    If the US is going to provide taxpayer money to a country with corruption issues, and our European allies are not going to provide any money themselves, I'd dangle out money for reform as well. If the former VP and his worthless kid were part of that corruption, I'd ask questions about that too.

The problem is the President of the United States is being subverted and maligned at every turn, trying to destroy him, for things that are normal operating procedure when dealing with some of these foreign dung heaps. American Presidents have always leaned on other leaders since the beginning, but Trump has to operate under a different standard based on a false Leftist narrative. Aggressive hands-on diplomacy, bribery, deal-making, threats and favors are all part of the geopolitical game; more so if you're a big time player like the U.S.

Does anyone remember that A##hole President who sent pallets of US currency to Iran? Kind of seedy behavior, unless you're a lefty democrat President. For me, this is a political coups d'etat by leftist domestic enemies on a duly elected President.
    Last edited by OH58D; 11-05-19 at 18:59.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I suppose it's not new info, just another confirmation that the WH was lying from day 1. New talking points will be that there's nothing wrong with quid pro quo & that it's not illegal. Mick apparently jumped the gun by a few weeks. I wonder if he'll walk back his walk back.

But he has no knowledge of a quid pro quo. He says he FELT that the money was hung up on them giving the statements but no one actually told hom that.

Trump team had said from day one that they wanted to make sure the new regime in the Ukraine was actually going to follow through on their anti corruption platform.

That's very different than telling Ukraine they aren't getting military and monetary aide unless they investigate Biden's dealings, like the Democrats are saying. And so far anyone with actual direct knowledge, including the Ukrainians, have denied that.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    But he has no knowledge of a quid pro quo. He says he FELT that the money was hung up on them giving the statements but no one actually told hom that.

Trump team had said from day one that they wanted to make sure the new regime in the Ukraine was actually going to follow through on their anti corruption platform.

That's very different than telling Ukraine they aren't getting military and monetary aide unless they investigate Biden's dealings, like the Democrats are saying. And so far anyone with actual direct knowledge, including the Ukrainians, have denied that.
    Seems that most of the DOS corps understood that "corruption" specifically meant Burrisma & Crowdstrike. I suppose we'll see but the administration's not been consistent. Trump himself is already positioning himself via tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DJT
    Republican Senators are saying that President Trump may have done a quid pro quo, but it doesn’t matter, there is nothing wrong with that, it is not an impeachable event.
    The bad part is that I agree with him, it's not an impeachable event, maybe even routine... unless it's intended to handicap a political rival. Then we're into the dangerous waters of abuse of power/office. :/

Last edited by Sry0fcr; 11-05-19 at 20:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What the hell us wrong with asking and even incentivizing foreign leaders to investigate US officials engaged in corrupt practices in their country?! How is this bad? I have heard no allegations that Trump demanded he find him guilty outright. A leader damn well ought to be rooting out corruption in his administration or past ones.

Biden bragging about successfully getting a foreign prosecutor fired seems definitely bad. Not asking to have it investigated but demanding a specific outcome that favors his son.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    If the US is going to provide taxpayer money to a country with corruption issues, and our European allies are not going to provide any money themselves, I'd dangle out money for reform as well. If the former VP and his worthless kid were part of that corruption, I'd ask questions about that too.

The problem is the President of the United States is being subverted and maligned at every turn, trying to destroy him, for things that are normal operating procedure when dealing with some of these foreign dung heaps. American Presidents have always leaned on other leaders since the beginning, but Trump has to operate under a different standard based on a false Leftist narrative. Aggressive hands-on diplomacy, bribery, deal-making, threats and favors are all part of the geopolitical game; more so if you're a big time player like the U.S.

Does anyone remember that A##hole President who sent pallets of US currency to Iran? Kind of seedy behavior, unless you're a lefty democrat President. For me, this is a political coups d'etat by leftist domestic enemies on a duly elected President.
    QFT. Exactly.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wrong thread.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post

You’re not implying that elections have consequences are you?

That’s apparently a one way street for the Dems.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    What the hell us wrong with asking and even incentivizing foreign leaders to investigate US officials engaged in corrupt practices in their country?! How is this bad? I have heard no allegations that Trump demanded he find him guilty outright. A leader damn well ought to be rooting out corruption in his administration or past ones.

Biden bragging about successfully getting a foreign prosecutor fired seems definitely bad. Not asking to have it investigated but demanding a specific outcome that favors his son.
    The MSM and Dems don't want to get anywhere near the Bidens.

Here is the one question that should be asked about Hunter and Burisma--- What work product- reports, presentations, meetings- did Hunter provide to Burisma for his compensation. Show me the emails where he contributed to the company. How many meetings did he attend. It's a public company (albeit in Ukraine) so there should be minutes from the board meetings. Show me what an $80k/month wunderkind does.

That and I'm tired of hearing that the Bidens have been investigated and cleared- by whom exactly. Whenever I see that cited, it just leads to other articles claiming their innocence.

When it comes to the Biden's, isn't it the seriousness of the charge, rather than the validity of the evidence that compels us to investigate?

And all I ever see in the MSM is that Trump wanted "dirt' on the Bidens. As if investigating what Hunter did, which even raised issues in the Obama WHite House, doesn't scream scam?

There is far more evidence of Hunter colluding and conspiring to compromise his dad than there ever was on Trump in the Dossier.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 52 of 146 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast