Page 53 of 146 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    What the hell us wrong with asking and even incentivizing foreign leaders to investigate US officials engaged in corrupt practices in their country?! How is this bad? I have heard no allegations that Trump demanded he find him guilty outright. A leader damn well ought to be rooting out corruption in his administration or past ones.

Biden bragging about successfully getting a foreign prosecutor fired seems definitely bad. Not asking to have it investigated but demanding a specific outcome that favors his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Times
    Former Ukraine prosecutor says he saw no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden

Ukraine’s former top law enforcement official says he repeatedly rebuffed demands by President Trump’s personal lawyer to investigate Joe Biden and his son, insisting he had seen no evidence of wrongdoing that he could pursue.

In an interview, Yuri Lutsenko said while he was Ukraine’s prosecutor general he told Rudolph W. Giuliani that he would be happy to cooperate if the FBI or other U.S. authorities began their own investigation of the former vice president and his son Hunter but insisted they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge.

Lutsenko, who was fired as prosecutor general last month, said he had urged Giuliani to launch a U.S. inquiry and go to court if he had any evidence but not to use Ukraine to conduct a political vendetta that could affect the U.S. election.

“I said, ‘Let’s put this through prosecutors, not through presidents,’ ” Lutsenko told The Times.

“I told him I could not start an investigation just for the interests of an American official,” he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The MSM and Dems don't want to get anywhere near the Bidens.

Here is the one question that should be asked about Hunter and Burisma--- What work product- reports, presentations, meetings- did Hunter provide to Burisma for his compensation. Show me the emails where he contributed to the company. How many meetings did he attend. It's a public company (albeit in Ukraine) so there should be minutes from the board meetings. Show me what an $80k/month wunderkind does.
    Hunter probably didn't do shit, he was just a useful idiot that they tried to leverage his "involvement". He's not the first or last "hangerson" that's used their proximity to someone wealthy or powerful to line their pockets. It's opportunistic AF (and dare I say American, in a capitalist way) but not illegal.

Does anyone have a specific allegation involving Hunter Biden because honestly the "corruption" allegation seems tenuous & circumstantial at best.
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Hunter probably didn't do shit, he was just a useful idiot that they tried to leverage his "involvement". He's not the first or last "hangerson" that's used their proximity to someone wealthy or powerful to line their pockets. It's opportunistic AF (and dare I say American, in a capitalist way) but not illegal.

Does anyone have a specific allegation involving Hunter Biden because honestly the "corruption" allegation seems tenuous & circumstantial at best.
    From what I've read there is nothing so far that says Hunter Biden specifically was involved in any wrongdoing. It was more general corruption with the company itself.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    From what I've read there is nothing so far that says Hunter Biden specifically was involved in any wrongdoing. It was more general corruption with the company itself.
    Okay, so what't the specific corruption allegation against Joe Biden that we're trying to investigate (aside from having his son ride his coat tails)?

Quote Originally Posted by REUTERS
    The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) said an investigation was ongoing into permits granted by officials at the Ministry of Ecology for the use of natural resources to a string of companies managed by Burisma.

But it said the period under investigation was 2010-2012, and noted that this was before the company hired Hunter Biden.

“Changes to the board of Burisma Limited, which are currently the object of international attention, took place only in May 2014, and therefore are not and never were the subject of (the anti-corruption bureau’s) investigation,” the bureau’s statement said.

Hunter Biden was a director on Burisma’s board from 2014-2018, according to documents filed by the company in Cyprus, where it is registered.

The investigation into Burisma covers a period when Ukraine was governed by a Kremlin ally, Viktor Yanukovich. Burisma hired Hunter Biden after Yanukovich was toppled in a popular revolt in 2014 and replaced by a pro-Western government.

Feedback Score
    I still want to know who “cleared“ the Bidens of any wrongdoing in the whole Brisson thing.

How many times have Chicago politicians been brought down by the exact same thing? The Bidens went digging for paydirt, and for some reason Trump gets in trouble for pointing out the shovels and the mess they made. It wasn’t like Hunter got fired from the board for not delivering.

It’s a simple question, what did Hunter provide As his work product for all the money that he received. If it’s nothing, then we all know what he was actually providing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Dt,......
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 11-06-19 at 09:09.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I still want to know who “cleared“ the Bidens of any wrongdoing in the whole Brisson thing.

How many times have Chicago politicians been brought down by the exact same thing? The Bidens went digging for paydirt, and for some reason Trump gets in trouble for pointing out the shovels and the mess they made. It wasn’t like Hunter got fired from the board for not delivering.

It’s a simple question, what did Hunter provide As his work product for all the money that he received. If it’s nothing, then we all know what he was actually providing.
    Hunter provided a familiar Western name that might have opened doors that otherwise would be shut. He's Tori Spelling (similarly useless w/o daddy's name, also kinda weird looking...). Also see above and WTF is Brisson?
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 11-06-19 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post

Hmmm what part of corruption is hard to understand? Give a top official (VP Joe Biden) something of substantial value ($700k/yr to his no account addict son) in return for diplomatic favors (pressures Ukraine to stop corruption investigation of source company, Burisma).

If you ignore that then you are a shill for Dems regardless of their corrupt behavior.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What he provided was having Daddy pressure Ukraine to stop investigating Burisma corruption (wider scope than just Hunter but would include him as well as the other sons of Congressional members, Pelosi et al).
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Hmmm what part of corruption is hard to understand? Give a top official (VP Joe Biden) something of substantial value ($700k/yr to his no account addict son) in return for diplomatic favors (pressures Ukraine to stop corruption investigation of source company, Burisma).
    What he provided was having Daddy pressure Ukraine to stop investigating Burisma corruption (wider scope than just Hunter but would include him as well as the other sons of Congressional members, Pelosi et al).
    So the specific allegation is that Hunter got his dad to stop an investigation into Burisma during a period that proceeded (& excluded him) by a few years? I mean, even the Ukrainian prosecutor said that there's no evidence of that and wanted the US to start their own investigation before they got involved because it sounded like a political hit job. (quoted in this thread)

I get that it's possible especially since he's playing in his daddy's back yard and getting paid because of his name but again, it's circumstantial as all hell.

Anybody have something other than speculation?

Page 53 of 146 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast