Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for A2/A4 rifle, now that Colt is unobtainium?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Mine had the WORST trigger..had like a "catch" to it, for lack of a better word, and was heavy as heck, like around 10lbs or so. Replaced the trigger many many years ago with a Velocity 41b & its been a delight. Thats the only negative on this rifle, had it about a year & a half before the Kenyan was first elected.
    One of my defender lowers had the stock trigger. Not great, not bad, just a stock trigger. But the two stages are quite nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    One of my defender lowers had the stock trigger. Not great, not bad, just a stock trigger. But the two stages are quite nice.
    Im sure. ANYTHING woulda beat what came in mine. How that slipped by QC Ill never know.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I'm going to have to keep an eye on prices. If the Colt collector factor gets my 2011 LE6920 to be a net profit of $1000+. I might have to consider selling it instead of keeping it as a backup.
    Wut is this

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Wut is this
    Capitalism, supply vs demand.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Capitalism, supply vs demand.

I guess... This reminds me of an old proverb, “A fool is soon parted...”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I guess... This reminds me of an old proverb, “A fool is soon parted...”
    I mean I really like my Colt LE6920 Trooper and CM762 - but if some fools offered me double to triple what I paid, I'd be selling and ordering an SR15 & SR25 the same day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I mean I really like my Colt LE6920 Trooper and CM762 - but if some fools offered me double to triple what I paid, I'd be selling and ordering an SR15 & SR25 the same day.
    Wouldn't the prices of the Sr15 and SR25 also be inflated?

Never mind, lost track of the thread, thought we were talking about a panic for a moment.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-27-19 at 11:40.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are not in a rush, I would build your own. Shop around the equipment exchanges along with "window shopping" at the major suppliers to get the best part prices.

Purchase the tools or work a deal for a loan.....find a buddy who has the tools and doesn't mind showing you how to assemble it CORRECTLY. For best accuracy, lap the upper receiver face, install a quality barrel with correct gas port size for your application, use a gas block dimple jig to ensure gas block is centered to the barrel gas port hole, and select a quality BCG (Tool Craft is a great option).

Good luck whichever route you decide on!

Feedback Score
    In a quick search on Gun Broker today I found 4 Colts A2 or A4 with prices under 1,500 which is lower than FN's... I think you will have no problem if you really want to buy one.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    G&R has uppers for $499, you can still probably use a discount code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123