Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The new Springfield Armory Hellcat pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    I've been waiting for the Glock 43x to:
    1. Add RMR capability
    2. Light mount/rail designed into the frame (I know, available in Europe already)

This Hellcat does both and does both right now. I'm interested. Shot Show is Jan. 2020. I may give Glock that long to update the 43x and that will also give consumers a chance to put rounds thru the SA Hellcat and assess weak points and/or teething issues.

Note: My LGS says he expects to see them in his store within 2 weeks.
    I'm going to build a mini-Roland special if the 43X Rail ever comes to the states. The Shield Arms 15rd G43 mag makes this setup a G19 killer.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I doubt any manufacturer is going to buy up 10k in HST or any other defensive round for testing, and this is a paid review btw. I agree with you, that would be a much more impressive test, even though the reality is most are going to feed it way more cheap FMJ than quality loads.

I hope this is an incredible pistol, but **** everything about Springfield Armory .
    Have you ever been to a machine gun shoot with FN factory reps?

The last one I went to, it was about $20 to get a magazine of 20 rounds through a Mk17 SCAR. The ammunition was Federal Gold Medal Match. The ammunition cost more to shoot than what I paid to get to shoot it. Out of a (legal) machine gun. With a 13-inch barrel. Which is pretty much literally just shot into a berm.

I fully expect that manufacturers of the caliber of FN, H&K, Glock, &c. buy entire lots of premium (including defensive) ammunition for testing their guns.

Not that I'm saying that SAI is FN or H&K or Glock. All I'm saying is that it likely happens more than you'd think.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    I've been waiting for the Glock 43x to:
    1. Add RMR capability
    2. Light mount/rail designed into the frame (I know, available in Europe already)

This Hellcat does both and does both right now. I'm interested. Shot Show is Jan. 2020. I may give Glock that long to update the 43x and that will also give consumers a chance to put rounds thru the SA Hellcat and assess weak points and/or teething issues.

Note: My LGS says he expects to see them in his store within 2 weeks.
    The unpaid beta tester of the 365 had their problems. This probably will also. I would give it a year. By then a 43x with rail will probably be out.
    Last edited by Pi3; 11-15-19 at 21:37.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

The last one I went to, it was about $20 to get a magazine of 20 rounds through a Mk17 SCAR. The ammunition was Federal Gold Medal Match. The ammunition cost more to shoot than what I paid to get to shoot it. Out of a (legal) machine gun. With a 13-inch barrel. Which is pretty much literally just shot into a berm.

I fully expect that manufacturers of the caliber of FN, H&K, Glock, &c. buy entire lots of premium (including defensive) ammunition for testing their guns.

Not that I'm saying that SAI is FN or H&K or Glock. All I'm saying is that it likely happens more than you'd think.
    No I have not. The only thing close to that I have done is with a rep from PWS. It was free and I got to shoot six or seven 5 round loaded 556, 9mm and 7.62x39.

FN sure can afford it lol

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

No I have not. The only thing close to that I have done is with a rep from PWS. It was free and I got to shoot six or seven 5 round loaded 556, 9mm and 7.62x39.

FN sure can afford it lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I doubt any manufacturer is going to buy up 10k in HST or any other defensive round for testing, and this is a paid review btw. I agree with you, that would be a much more impressive test, even though the reality is most are going to feed it way more cheap FMJ than quality loads.

I hope this is an incredible pistol, but **** everything about Springfield Armory .
    Springfield tested their xdm 10mm with 10K rounds of hydra shok.

I know, they should have used full power stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234