Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new Springfield Armory Hellcat pistol

Feedback Score
    Won’t be long till SA gets contacted by Mopar with a threatening letter . I remember back in the late 80’s or so when GM was threatened with a lawsuit by Beretta for naming their new car model Beretta .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    Won’t be long till SA gets contacted by Mopar with a threatening letter . I remember back in the late 80’s or so when GM was threatened with a lawsuit by Beretta for naming their new car model Beretta .
    Lol, Mopar better talk to Grumman / Northrup-Grumman about it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F6F_Hellcat

I guess cool boi tats are a job requirement for working at SAI..?

Lol

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Guncrafter Industries would, I believe, stand the best chance of winning a lawsuit against SAI as they've made the BC-17 "Hellcat" pistol for a number of years.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Guncrafter Industries would, I believe, stand the best chance of winning a lawsuit against SAI as they've made the BC-17 "Hellcat" pistol for a number of years.
    The real question is did they copyright it...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’d like to get my hands on one of these. The main reason I have t got the 365 yet is due to a lack of sufficient area to place my support hand thumb.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomba07 View Post
    I’d like to get my hands on one of these. The main reason I have t got the 365 yet is due to a lack of sufficient area to place my support hand thumb.
    Good point, Not much room for it. To *me* the main selling point of concealability of all these subcompact length grip frame pistols, is also their biggest weakness. Using their flush fit mags, they are slower to get a good quick grip on and draw with, are slower to do mag changes with, and are generally harder to control and shoot accurately fast, than say more of a compact sized grip length like a 365XL or Glock 43X, where you can get a full grip on them when using their standard flush fit mags. IMHO, if you are using a good belt and holster combination with lets say the above two pistols,you loose very little in the way of concealability to these smaller subcompact pistols, and with none of their drawbacks. For *me* the Glock 43X when used with the new Shield Arms 15rd flush with the grip mags, checks more boxes than anything else out there. To me, pocket pistols have their place, depending on how large or small your pockets are, and how fast you need to get it out of your pocket and into action. I also would never carry a striker fired pistol in my pocket without a decent manual thumb safety. IMHO, every size of pistol is a compromise somewhere.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-28-19 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Good point, Not much room for it. To *me* the main selling point of concealability of all these subcompact length grip frame pistols, is also their biggest weakness. Using their flush fit mags, they are slower to get a good quick grip on and draw with, are slower to do mag changes with, and are generally harder to control and shoot accurately fast, than say more of a compact sized grip length like a 365XL or Glock 43X, where you can get a full grip on them when using their standard flush fit mags. IMHO, if you are using a good belt and holster combination with lets say the above two pistols,you loose very little in the way of concealability to these smaller subcompact pistols, and with none of their drawbacks. For *me* the Glock 43X when used with the new Agency Arms 15rd flush with the grip mags, checks more boxes than anything else out there. To me, pocket pistols have their place, depending on how large or small your pockets are, and how fast you need to get it out of your pocket and into action. I also would never carry a striker fired pistol in my pocket without a decent manual thumb safety. IMHO, every size of pistol is a compromise somewhere.
    The Glock 43,48,43x fit my hands pretty good. They have just enough space for my them to sit and fire multiple rounds without falling off of the frame. With the 365, my thumb would slip off every round, so much so that I had to start training to not use my support hand thumb, which I’m not a fan of. I’ll be interested to see how this thing fits my hand and shoots.
    Last edited by Bomba07; 09-25-19 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The real question is did they copyright it...
    I'm going to guess that, based on this list that Hellcat is un-copy-right-able.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    SA is still a BIG No for me. There are other choices for me. I have not bought a S&W revolver since they put the locking device in them.
    If the M&P's had them, scrap them too.
    Since SA was paying non 2a fronts, I won't pay them my money.
    No derail, just opinions.
    I got the G48, does more than my Shield. It pokes me more where I don't like being poked.
    Also I have a 10 round mag/extension for the shield. G48 on the way out. A Shield 4" would do the same thing, Maybe a 43X??
    A Smith model 36/37 with speed strips still trips my trigger or LE 442/642
    Last edited by RWH24; 09-28-19 at 16:30.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Good point, Not much room for it. To *me* the main selling point of concealability of all these subcompact length grip frame pistols, is also their biggest weakness. Using their flush fit mags, they are slower to get a good quick grip on and draw with, are slower to do mag changes with, and are generally harder to control and shoot accurately fast, than say more of a compact sized grip length like a 365XL or Glock 43X, where you can get a full grip on them when using their standard flush fit mags. IMHO, if you are using a good belt and holster combination with lets say the above two pistols,you loose very little in the way of concealability to these smaller subcompact pistols, and with none of their drawbacks. For *me* the Glock 43X when used with the new Agency Arms 15rd flush with the grip mags, checks more boxes than anything else out there. To me, pocket pistols have their place, depending on how large or small your pockets are, and how fast you need to get it out of your pocket and into action. I also would never carry a striker fired pistol in my pocket without a decent manual thumb safety. IMHO, every size of pistol is a compromise somewhere.
    You mean Shield Arms....they are also sold out.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast