Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new Springfield Armory Hellcat pistol

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been waiting for the Glock 43x to:
    1. Add RMR capability
    2. Light mount/rail designed into the frame (I know, available in Europe already)

This Hellcat does both and does both right now. I'm interested. Shot Show is Jan. 2020. I may give Glock that long to update the 43x and that will also give consumers a chance to put rounds thru the SA Hellcat and assess weak points and/or teething issues.

Note: My LGS says he expects to see them in his store within 2 weeks.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    This Hellcat does both and does both right now.
    Right now? How does yours shoot?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Right now? How does yours shoot?
    Don't have one.

My reference was related to the two things I've been waiting to see on the G43x, RMR capability & frame based light mount/rail. The Hellcat has factory RMR capability & the frame light mount/rail. While I'm not the biggest SA fan, I appreciate their innovation on this micro 9 or whatever the cool kids call them these days.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Meh...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I knew this thread would give SA a bit of a trashing. But the Hellcat dumps the usual SA stuff - grip safety and internal extractor which were the past offenses on M4Carbine. They also don't put idiotic billboards on the gun other than the name which we can object to. Overall, looks like a decent P365 competitor and MIGHT have a better trigger.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I want to see that P365 XL with RDS equipped to get me interested. I rock a shield but not the new one with RDS. Im moving to RDS, and my carry gun will be a RDS, so as soon as its GTG, IM iN.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    I've been waiting for the Glock 43x to:
    1. Add RMR capability
    2. Light mount/rail designed into the frame (I know, available in Europe already)
    Aren't the G43/48 line a bit to narrow/slim for standard RDS and Pic rails for current market weapon lights?

Either way, yeah, if the 48 I fondled the other day had a light rail and RMR millling (especially at the damn price point they want PRE-sight replacement) I would have been all over it.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Hellcat 10,000 rd torture test! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFgkBXRCng

While 10,000 rds of FMJ ball ammo is a nice to test for the pistols durability, one really needs to know how reliable it is when using top quality hollowpoint carry ammo, where the bullet has a different profile and *might* not feed with the same reliability as it does as with FMJ ball ammo. While I am confident it will be reliable with good FMJ HP ammo, it still has to be proved.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-15-19 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Hellcat 10,000 rd torture test! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFgkBXRCng

While 10,000 rds of FMJ ball ammo is a nice test for the pistols durability, one really needs to know how reliable it is when using top quality hollowpoint carry ammo, where the bullet has a different profile and *might* not feed with the same reliability as it does as with FMJ ball ammo. While I am pretty sure it will be reliable with good FMJ HP ammo, it still has to be proved.
    I doubt any manufacturer is going to buy up 10k in HST or any other defensive round for testing, and this is a paid review btw. I agree with you, that would be a much more impressive test, even though the reality is most are going to feed it way more cheap FMJ than quality loads.

I hope this is an incredible pistol, but **** everything about Springfield Armory .
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have more faith in Sig, than I ever will SA, and I really don't trust Sig handguns.
    That sums it up for me. Not interested in the least personally, but competition is a good thing and perhaps this will be improved over prior striker fired SA pistols. So reviews seem pretty positive but I'm more then happy to let others be the beta testers cuz they want latest greatest.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast