Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
I'm told it's pretty typical, but my Distolic number is normally slightly lower after a workout. Your capillaries dialate, etc.

Systolic usually varies with exertion, largely tracking heartrate. And is raised by caffeine, anxiety, etc. Distolic not so much... more determined by your physiology.

Not a doctor, refer to one if you have questions. Just how it was explained to me by cardiac docs and nurses.

The other thing is I see numbers 10 to 15 higher with even pro grade electronic measurement versus that done by a nurse manually. The hospital/office ones seemed to do a bit better, but you're normally sitting down and have been for a while.

To be accurate the electronic cuff mfgs say you need to be sitting down and have not moved (walked) for 20 minutes prior.
That's what is concerning to me, because everything I've read says the diastolic number should be either unchanged or lower after exercise, and anything more than 10 points above normal indicates that something is not right. My last after exercise diastolic numbers were about 25 points above what they should have been.