Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optic Choices for AR

Feedback Score
    I used an EOTech (AA battery version) on my last two deployments. That was over 13 years ago, but I credit that sight with saving my bacon on the last one, twice. Any red dot probably would have done it, but I had the EOTech, so it gets the save. However, once I got home I needed cash, and I sold it. It did get the shit beat out of it, and lasted while I was in country.

I have an Aimpoint Comp M4s now, but just because by the time I could afford it, EOTech was having the reliability problems, and I got it in trade. The M4s is built like a tank, and has been turned on now for close to 10 years except for battery changes. (I'm on the third battery.) It's bulky and heavy compared to some, but it's the one I trust.

That said, I also have two Sig Romeo 5 sights on guns as well, and they have both been 100% reliable. They have received some rough handling, but haven't been beat up like the EOTech I had in Iraq, or like what the M4s has been through.

My next sight will be a Primary Arms (still debating the 1x or 3x), but that's because I love the ACSS reticle. I love and trust the Aimpoint, but I miss the big doughnut of the EOTech, and the ACSS also allows for ranging, plus is etched in case the battery/electronics fail.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 10-06-19 at 23:14.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I used an EOTech (AA battery version) on my last two deployments. That was over 13 years ago, but I credit that sight with saving my bacon on the last one, twice. Any red dot probably would have done it, but I had the EOTech, so it gets the save. However, once I got home I needed cash, and I sold it. It did get the shit beat out of it, and lasted while I was in country.

I have an Aimpoint Comp M4s now, but just because by the time I could afford it, EOTech was having the reliability problems, and I got it in trade. The M4s is built like a tank, and has been turned on now for close to 10 years except for battery changes. (I'm on the third battery.) It's bulky and heavy compared to some, but it's the one I trust.

That said, I also have two Sig Romeo 5 sights on guns as well, and they have both been 100% reliable. They have received some rough handling, but haven't been beat up like the EOTech I had in Iraq, or like what the M4s has been through.

My next sight will be a Primary Arms (still debating the 1x or 3x), but that's because I love the ACSS reticle. I love and trust the Aimpoint, but I miss the big doughnut of the EOTech, and the ACSS also allows for ranging, plus is etched in case the battery/electronics fail.
    I came into my first comp m4 not all that long ago and for being outdated it’s still impressive as hell. Plus they can be had for cheap now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12