I'm in love with XM177E1 uppers, and I exclusively shoot irons. (i know, i know. I have taken them though many classes, shoothouses, VCQB, FOF an I still love them.)
I am renting, so I am using a highly modified PSA 10.5 pistol upper on a folding lower. I have taken this gun through competition, and aforementioned courses with no issue.

My question is this, should I switch out the upper for a retro upper, LuthAr A1/C7 upper w/ M4 feedramps, or keep it as is with regards to aesthetics?

Will an A1 upper look like a modernized XM177e1, or will it look like a complete abortion? I know there are purists on both sides, and im just interested to see what you guys think. A part of me likes the way it looks now, and a part of me wants an old school retro upper.

Upper:
10.5 PSA Upper and Barrel
Colt handguards
IWC mount n slot with scout mount SF 600DF
BRT custom gas port gas tube (ejection 3:30 in summer-4:00 in extreme michigan winter)
LMT Enhanced carrier w/ milspec bolt (hopefully chrome bolt in the future)
A1 muzzle device (soon to be replaced by YHM 5.56 QD brake and Turbo suppressor)
bcm gunfighter mod 3 charging handle
DDA1.5 rear sight
Compass lake match front sight

Lower:
Aero precision Lower
geissele ssa
geissele maritime bolt catch
boonie packer magazine catch
forward controls magazine release button
Vltor A5H0 (A5H2/3 for suppressed) w green spring
KAC ambi safety
SBa3 Brace
Law tactical folder gen 3M
2a Armament LW pivot pins
BCM gunfighter grip

IMG_2969.jpgIMG_2968.jpg

Thanks for your time and your opinion, I'll be getting back to you guys as I can since the next few days I'm packing up a truck and relocating (driving 3-4 days) to the great state of Texas.