Thread: What is the Gas Port Diameter of BCM's 16" Midlength?

Feedback Score

What is the Gas Port Diameter of BCM's 16" Midlength?

I've heard some conflicting reports on what gas port diameter BCM uses for their 16" midlength with gov't profile barrel. Has anyone here measured it or have definitive proof of what it is? BCM will not release this information, which is odd since it's something anyone with the right tool and a stripped barrel can find out. I just don't have a stripped barrel to measure off of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    I've heard some conflicting reports on what gas port diameter BCM uses for their 16" midlength with gov't profile barrel. Has anyone here measured it or have definitive proof of what it is? BCM will not release this information, which is odd since it's something anyone with the right tool and a stripped barrel can find out. I just don't have a stripped barrel to measure off of.
    it is .076 which is about optimal for a 16'' midlength general use barrel. If going with a can only you could go smaller

There are a couple self reports on the Google Docs Gas port document as well that match my findings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=766121382
    Last edited by everready73; 09-26-19 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    .076 confirmed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    .076 using hole gauge pins on the four 16" mid-length barrels I have checked.

Feedback Score
    Good, that's what I thought it was. Thanks, all.