Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPMS problem

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Does the bolt lock back on the last shot?
    I can see it now, MistWolf, is literally dying on a pile of spent brass. As the hordes who have finally overcame him approach, he struggles to ask 'Did my bolt lock back on the last shot out of my last mag?' Puzzled, the leader of what is left of the attacking force looks at the steaming M4 laying across MistWolf's chest and replies 'Yes.' MistWolf smiles, fade to black.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I can see it now, MistWolf, is literally dying on a pile of spent brass. As the hordes who have finally overcame him approach, he struggles to ask 'Did my bolt lock back on the last shot out of my last mag?' Puzzled, the leader of what is left of the attacking force looks at the steaming M4 laying across MistWolf's chest and replies 'Yes.' MistWolf smiles, ....
    .... content knowing that the last round was lovingly removed from the chamber with a serviceable extractor and a recently replaced Colt extractor spring, then ejected by a properly made ejector and spring. Yes, everything functioned in perfect harmony, like a well-oiled machine, because he knew that not all parts are created equally. RIP MistWolf. I’ll always use well vetted bolt parts in honor of your memory.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-27-19 at 05:44.

Feedback Score
    Good stuff, guys.

Feedback Score
    Ignore
    Last edited by wetidlerjr; 09-27-19 at 11:08.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I can see it now, MistWolf, is literally dying on a pile of spent brass. As the hordes who have finally overcame him approach, he struggles to ask 'Did my bolt lock back on the last shot out of my last mag?' Puzzled, the leader of what is left of the attacking force looks at the steaming M4 laying across MistWolf's chest and replies 'Yes.' MistWolf smiles, fade to black.
    HA! I won't have to ask because I know my AR locks back. If I'm found dying on a pile of anything, it'll be a pile of Colt extractor springs I was installing in the ARs of others so they won't jam!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-28-19 at 20:56.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Well my buddy put in a new buffer/spring combo and his DPMS now runs like a clock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephens202 View Post
    Well my buddy put in a new buffer/spring combo and his DPMS now runs like a clock.
    What is the story on the buffer/spring in there? Damaged, wrong weight, something else?

Feedback Score
    Apparently it was the wrong weight. But the fellow he bought it from said he had changed nothing from the factory and that it was all new, minus a few rounds put thru it. So I'm not really sure what was up. I haven't seen my buddy other then texting so when we hit the range this weekend hopefully I'll know more about what happened.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a look at the buffer and spring. Sounds like at least one may be for a rifle RE since it is working now. Seen. similar scenarios twice with gun show pick ups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12