Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Block Alignment Pins

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gas Block Alignment Pins

I stumbled across these gas port alignment pins while reading on another site (https://www.frfrogspad.com/index.htm). After watching the video, I was asked myself 'why haven't I heard of these before?'

One downside is that at $6.95 a set, they are essentially $6.95 per use if all your gas ports are the same size.

Thoughts and comments?

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/...ligner-5-56mm/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They work but most people use tooth picks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Conceivably I guess those would work.

Personally I think you’re better off with an actual tool.

https://slrrifleworks.com/750-dimpling-jig/

I have the above jig and it it’s set up for whatever GB spacing you need and indexes off of the gas port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our barrels come standard with a CNC machined dimple opposite the gas port for guess free installation of the gas block.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our barrels come standard with a CNC machined dimple opposite the gas port for guess free installation of the gas block.
    Ok?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Conceivably I guess those would work.

Personally I think you’re better off with an actual tool.

https://slrrifleworks.com/750-dimpling-jig/

I have the above jig and it it’s set up for whatever GB spacing you need and indexes off of the gas port.

I have an SLR dimpling jig. Mine is from .750 and is grey, doesn't have the spacings indicated on the edges, and isn't for 5 different spacings either, did they improve the jig recently?

Just thought that it was a clever idea and was surprised I hadn't seen it.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have an SLR dimpling jig. Mine is from .750 and is grey, doesn't have the spacings indicated on the edges, and isn't for 5 different spacings either, did they improve the jig recently?

Just thought that it was a clever idea and was surprised I hadn't seen it.
    Ah, yea. Each side of the jig has a different spacing spec.

I ordered mine probably 6 months ago I’d guess so it changed atleast some time before that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That dimpling jig is nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use the Kaw Valley Precision AR-15 Gas Block Dimpling Jig .750 barrels.........I got it because it was the lowest price, best features at the time, and was in stock. Some other brands didn't meet my price or in- stock needs, and I have no complaints with the Kaw Valley after several uses.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Jig Schmig. Just mark the barrel, punch it, and dimple it with a hand drill.

(Sorry if that's offensive to anyone)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast