Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock MOS sight height lower 1/3 co-witness

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    This is my Gen 5 G19 MOS with Holosun 507C, CHPWS plate, and GL-429 sights.

Yup... I just got the GL-429s on and have the exact same sight picture and I'm very pleased with it and I'm glad that I didn't get the recommended "MOS height" sights. G17MOS, CHPWS plate, Holosun 407c, and GL-429 = win.

Just floating out that Aaron Cowen found that the Duracell 2032s were the only battery to reliably withstand the slide cycling.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have two MOS guns with 429 sights on them.

One has a 507C and the other has an SRO. The 429's BARELY peek out over the SRO and are almost unusable but they're fine in a pinch. The 429's behind the 507 are fantastic and do not occlude too much of the sight picture.

My only gripe is that on both guns, the 429 rear's are moving in the dovetails. The sights were installed with a standard punch and hammer and there was no filing done. Either Glock is messing with dovetail dimensions or Ameriglo is slightly off.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I have 2032 batteries around so i just leave mine on, just to see if it runs out before my next birthday

My RDS on my AR/AK's are on too.
    I would normally never turn it off, but I did for the pic since I was only trying to show the backup sights.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    Yup... I just got the GL-429s on and have the exact same sight picture and I'm very pleased with it and I'm glad that I didn't get the recommended "MOS height" sights. G17MOS, CHPWS plate, Holosun 407c, and GL-429 = win.

Just floating out that Aaron Cowen found that the Duracell 2032s were the only battery to reliably withstand the slide cycling.
    Does he mention this in his white paper? I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Reviving this thread to get more input to help me choose. G19.4 MOS, RMR, C&H plate. What’s holding me up is I’m wondering about POI. The Ameriglo GL-429 set has a .315 front and .394 rear. The Dawson set has a .390 front and a .395 rear. That looks like a pretty significant difference. From what I can find on the internet, the stock front is .165 with a rear .256. So it looks like the Ameriglo would have a closer to stock POI.

Have any of you verified the POI on either of these sights, and what type of sight picture do you use (6oclock, or other)?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have not shot my G45-MOS with Ameriglo GL 470 Blk/Blk sights.
    The GL-470 give full view of the sights without interference from the RMR06,
    sitting on the CHPWS plate, snug as a bug in a rug with blue 242 Loctite on fasteners.

2XL Tall Black serrated .350" FRONT, Flat Black .429" REAR
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I have two MOS guns with 429 sights on them.

One has a 507C and the other has an SRO. The 429's BARELY peek out over the SRO and are almost unusable but they're fine in a pinch. The 429's behind the 507 are fantastic and do not occlude too much of the sight picture.

My only gripe is that on both guns, the 429 rear's are moving in the dovetails. The sights were installed with a standard punch and hammer and there was no filing done. Either Glock is messing with dovetail dimensions or Ameriglo is slightly off.
    Do you mind posting a picture? I am attempting to field this set up.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Prince View Post
    Do you mind posting a picture? I am attempting to field this set up.
    Check post #14. G45 MOS with Ameriglo GL-429 sights
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234