Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading 69gr Sierra MatchKing; M&P 15 Sport II

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDub View Post
    With 55's and 62's I'm mostly doing high volume. Not paying too much attention to the brass, other than seeing that they are in good shape. They shoot well enough for what they are.
    With the 69 SMK's, along with FL SB sizing, trimming and cleaning up the burrs. I treat the primer pockets and flash hole and make sure each five round string has brass that weigh close to the same. That's it.

I haven't played with the Hornady products as yet. Not enough to come to any conclusions. I did notice that Hornady makes two completely different 68gr HPBT bullets.
    One, with a cannalure, is much shorter (.917") than the one without a cannalure which is just around .983" long. If you find you have the longer bullets, the 1-8" twist should be used.

Generally, each barrel is going to have it's own likes and dislikes, but with these 223/5.56 ARs there are curtain loads (nodes) that most of them seem to like.
    Have fun..

Mine are like the ones on the left.

I haven't measured them, but they are for sure the ones without the cannalure.

I've noticed that Hornady has several bullets floating around out there that they don't list anywhere. When I picked up the 69gr's from RMR I also snagged some 62 gr sofpoints (that have a cannalure) and some 62gr OTM (also with cannelure). I think I may have gotten the 62gr's from Midsouth.

Anyway I guess I"m probably gonna have to work up a couple loads anyway, because I won't spend the time on the brass for the SBR that I will for the precision AR, and if I spend that much time on the brass, I will make sure that it stays with the precision AR.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    In the picture above with the real tight 7/16" group, are those both with Federal GMM?

It's says 24.5grs in between the target, what is that in reference too?

Feedback Score
    24.5 is the powder load of vihtivouri powder either N140 or N150.fl resize de bur size primer pockets ( LC BRASS ONCE FIRED) Win sm rifle primers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    In the picture above with the real tight 7/16" group, are those both with Federal GMM?

It's says 24.5grs in between the target, what is that in reference too?
    Yes, both are Fed GMM 69gr.. The 24.5grs is the factory propellant charge.
    The group on the left was shot first with a cold barrel. the group on the right was shot right after the first with a warm barrel.

A link to the pull-down;

https://postimg.cc/gallery/vhy10aqi/
    WHY DO THEY CALL IT COMMON SENSE WHEN IT IS SO UNCOMMON?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RDub View Post
    Yes, both are Fed GMM 69gr.. The 24.5grs is the factory propellant charge.
    The group on the left was shot first with a cold barrel. the group on the right was shot right after the first with a warm barrel.

A link to the pull-down;

https://postimg.cc/gallery/vhy10aqi/
    Got it! Man I’d love to know what that 24.5 grs PF powder is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Got it! Man I’d love to know what that 24.5 grs PF powder is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would also, just cause I'm curious.. However we won't find it on a shelf anywhere. It's Federal's own proprietary blend, not available to the public.
    WHY DO THEY CALL IT COMMON SENSE WHEN IT IS SO UNCOMMON?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12