Greetings All,

I am looking for a solid holster for my venerable, but quite serviceable, HK USP 45 pistol. I have in mind something with the ALS system, or with some combination of the ALS/SLS, but Safariland has one of the more aggravating and obscure websites I've encountered in some time. Naturally the 7TS series is on my radar, but it does not seem that Safariland has developed a 7TS tactical holster for the USP 45 yet.

So, in the meantime, I am thinking of going for a 6XXX or 7XXX Safariland critter. A 6304 looks like it might do the trick, or could if there were one for the USP 45. Alas, this seems not to be the case; perhaps my pistol is a bit long in the tooth and the market has shifted to the more popular pistol models. There is a 6004 for the USP 45, but it is the SLS. The SLS is reportedly a proven design in its own right, so it may be fine for my purposes when all is said and done, but I am hoping to learn of an ALS-based holster for my pistol.

I have no experience with either the SLS or the ALS, so my preference is based on reading. It is also true that I am not at the pointy end of any spears or the pinnacle of any tiers. I am interested in retention for the sake of safety, etc. A draw that is less of a drag than a UM84-type flap holster (or--sigh--it's leather GI predecessor) will be an improvement. As it is, this holster will, at least for a while, be riding on the good ol' web belt with y-harness suspenders and such. Such is the speed to drag ratio hereabouts.

Thanks for any information or advice.

Mike Kelly