Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero Malfunctions

Feedback Score

Zero Malfunctions

Over the past several years I've shot practice drills almost every week plus professional training. I have yet to experience a single malfunction of any kind. Is this a testament to where we are in regards to the development and refinement of the platform, ammo, and magazines, including manufacturing and QC? Or is this unique?
    The majority of what I shoot is home built from quality sourced components. This year all my shooting has been on 80% lowers that I milled myself.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I've had the same experience with my Bravo Mod 0 carbine. I've got north of 3,500 rounds through it and have never had a FTF, FTE or any other type of failure. I've only fed it brand name brass cased ammo (mostly PMC and Federal) and keep it lubed. I shoot some competitions at my local club during the summer, and that barrel get quite hot. Always goes bang. Only mods have been an Aimpoint PRO red dot and a Magpul sling.

Feedback Score
    I have had a similar experience with my Charles Daly M4LE which I purchased 11 years ago. I probably have 7,000-8,000 rounds thru it and it has never jammed and I pretty much will shoot any ammo although I mainly feed it M193 or equivalent brass ammo. It just keeps going bang.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, a properly setup AR is extremely reliable when fed quality ammo from good mags and occasionally lubed.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    All the 5.56 ARs that I own have been 100% reliable with a wide range of factory ammunition and my reloads with the exception of 1 batch that I loaded too long to fit in the mags.

I have to caveat that statement though - living in Alabama sub-zero shooting doesn't happen, I tend to clean my ARs after 3 or 4 range trips, and I run them well oiled. I have also never taken a civilian shooting class, so I guess we can say I have not run my guns hard.

My current ARs span the range from an 11.3" pistol through an 18" rifle. All but my 14.5 LMT are mix masters, but generally built with good parts.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-30-19 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stop cleaning it and shoot a few cases of steel case ammo, then you may get a malfunction or two to deal with, throw dirt in the action if you have to, that might do it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    ...throw dirt in the action if you have to...

...throw dirt IN the action...
    I do hope you are having us on with that suggestion...
    Last edited by MorphCross; 09-30-19 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    I have somewhere north of 7000 rounds through my carbine. I stopped really keeping track near the 6,000 mark. Zero rifle related malfunctions. Type 1 type malfs from bad primers? Yes...like primers shoved in SIDEWAYS (bulk Remington UMC). I had my first "organic" type 3 during a precision class last weekend. My 20 year old gun show GI mags that I use for training finally got a crack....

Feedback Score
    So far my builds consist of BCM for the upper receiver (and one SOLGW) BCM, DD, and Sionics for barrels, BCM and SOLGW, for BCG's, ALG and SOLGW for LPK's, BCM, BRT, and Geissele gas blocks. Ammo has been Federal XM193. Mags-Magpul, OKAY Ind, Lancer, and D&H. Currently I'm experimenting with a nitride Toolcraft BCG with a 9310 Bolt. I'm going to run it until I experience a problem.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    It’s 2019. No gun should malfunction.

Colt ARs. Glock 19s. Quality Bolt rifles. KAC SR25s.

These guns should not fail ever, unless maybe a primer doesn’t go off. If people want to buy toys made by Keltec that’s on them, but I’m still amazed at the people who do and then act like a malfunction every other magazine is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    I do hope you are having us on with that suggestion...
    Why not??
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-30-19 at 05:38.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast