Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zero Malfunctions

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We actually see a fair amount of malfunctions in our testing, but only when purposefully induced.
    We're generally trying to find the edges of reliability with various combinations of ammo, suppressors, port sizes, buffers and springs.
    Once we know where the failure limits are, we can find that happy middle ground where everthing just works.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I havent heard much about piston guns anymore, are companies actually still making them?
    Thoroughly unnecessary, but I have heard cool things about PWS’ piston guns. Probably the only one that would interest me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Thoroughly unnecessary, but I have heard cool things about PWS’ piston guns. Probably the only one that would interest me.
    The PWS is the only piston AR I own, and it's an absolutely excellent rifle. Would recommend it to anyone.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    A 16” BCM Midlength with an MCMR handguard.

The problem with recommending a “BCM” or “DD” is that most new guys (in fact most gun owners in general) don’t wanna order a gun sight unseen off the internet and deal with that “hassle”.

I know that it’s not a hassle. And you know it’s not a hassle. But how many gun owners still won’t get into NFA because the “ATF can come inspect your house at any time”.

Colts used to be in gun shops everywhere. They were the safe bet over a bunch of lower tiered stuff.

But Colts are still easy to find. They’re not really going anywhere and the market is still soft. I think the front page of ARFCOM’s EE has like 4 of them for decent prices.
    Why the rail for a new shooter? You've said a bunch of times that rails are a waste unless using NV. BCM still has plenty of options for iron sighted rifles, and their 6920 copy (M4 Mod 0) is still available.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-09-20 at 14:09.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    A 16” BCM Midlength with an MCMR handguard.

The problem with recommending a “BCM” or “DD” is that most new guys (in fact most gun owners in general) don’t wanna order a gun sight unseen off the internet and deal with that “hassle”.

I know that it’s not a hassle. And you know it’s not a hassle. But how many gun owners still won’t get into NFA because the “ATF can come inspect your house at any time”.

Colts used to be in gun shops everywhere. They were the safe bet over a bunch of lower tiered stuff.

But Colts are still easy to find. They’re not really going anywhere and the market is still soft. I think the front page of ARFCOM’s EE has like 4 of them for decent prices.
    Pfft. For me the hassle is having to go to the "gun store" …

Anyhow, I can't remember the last legit malfunction I had myself. I've been shooting through some older early 2000s gun show reloads and they have their issues … but never anything when running new stuff.
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 10-01-19 at 09:27. Reason: Reasons.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123