Thread: Springfield Professional Custom 9mm thoughts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've been doing the research on the higher end 1911's. I carried a very custom 1911 from 1990 till I was issued Glocks in 1999. I sold my Colt and bought all in on Glocks. Still carry one of some sort every waking day of my life.

Two years ago I bought a Springfield EMP4 and it's been reliable and fun but it's kinda like a 3/4 1911. Fast forward and I've been going all in just because they're fun and remind me my roots, what I carried as a teenager (Dads) in the field, kept for home defense as a young adult and carried on duty as a youngish cop.

So, I bought a Colt CCU in 9mm. I liked the feel and weight. It's funny that when I started I made bun of the guys that carried the N frame Smiths. This thing is heavy, not sure I'd carry it off duty but it's comforting and seems to run well with the rounds I've put through it thus far. So I ordered a Colt CCO.

So I'm looking at the higher end 1911's now. Since I only buy 9mm ammo now I prefer to stay with it. But for near three grand it better work. So, ideas? With the rail or not? I tend to not prefer the rails and I know holtsers are easier without it. I also like thatthere's not a year or two wait time.
    Last edited by seb5; 09-29-19 at 19:54.