Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRP is awesome

Feedback Score

TRP is awesome

Another range day with my stainless TRP. A drill I use alot is 3 targets at 7, 10, and 15 yds. Three rounds in each (I use Wilson ETM 8rd mags), slide lock reload after the 15yd target, then 3 rds in each at 10 and 7. I use a Lucky Gunner.com reduced silhouette targets and really just concentrate not on speed but keeping all rds in the black. I use this as a defensive drill so I try to shoot only fast enough to cover the shots with my palm.
    My TRP has always been my favorite and in the almost 4,000 rds I have thru it, no malfs that haven't been mag or ammo related(one mag failed to lock open on last rd, two Speer fmj rds failed to fire even though primer had mark).
    All my other guns are now safe queens and rarely if ever get used with the exception of my back up "gun when I'm not carrying a gun" Ruger LCR or my Glock 36(kept in a grab and go fanny pack(I am also a volunteer firefighter, so my fanny pack goes with me to the station on calls).
    My TRP has been a joy to shoot and a real confidence builder. Carrying any other gun just isn't the same since it came along! It is The Right Pistol for me!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Absolutely excellent! I like that you have 4000ish rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My experience is very much the same. In excess of 5,000 rounds and I don't remember a malf. The TRP guns are just amazing, custom gun shop reliability.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mine in 10mm failed to feed with all ammo and all magazines. It also shot patterns instead of groups at 7 yards. I sent it back to Springfield. They did some work on it, and that fixed the feeding problems. I sent it back again for the accuracy issues. They sent it back to me. No improvement. I traded it off (with full disclosure). I'm poorer but wiser.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Mine in 10mm failed to feed with all ammo and all magazines. It also shot patterns instead of groups at 7 yards. I sent it back to Springfield. They did some work on it, and that fixed the feeding problems. I sent it back again for the accuracy issues. They sent it back to me. No improvement. I traded it off (with full disclosure). I'm poorer but wiser.
    I have not heard good things about their 10mm. Dont know why they cant make decent 10mm, especially for the $$.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have not heard good things about their 10mm. Dont know why they cant make decent 10mm, especially for the $$.

PB
    My 10mm failed to feed. It was perfectly accurate but would have a stoppage every couple of rounds. In defense to SA, I sent it back in under warranty. It came back machined out like one of their customs. It came back mechanically PERFECT. SA has a great warranty and great customer service. I was a happy camper.

I liked it, but traded it and my other TRP with some $$ for a Wilson Supergrade. It is accurate and has not malfunctioned yet.

If I ever get another SA, I will just save up for one of their FBI custom shop versions.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    For the price it’s well worth it. A near custom quality build gun for a fraction of the price.

Love mine!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I picked one of these up about a month ago new (that's what I get for being bored and killing time on Gunbroker).......just passed 1K rounds this morning while running it in the pouring rain. I pulled it out of the box, put a 10-8 rear on it, swapped the FLGR for a GI set up, and lubed it with Wilson whatever. It has run without a single stoppage through a case of S&B ball with Wilson ETMs. I was hoping it would choke relentlessly so I wouldn't get sucked into the 1911 pit of despair.....Now I'm in the quandary of having a nice reliable 1911.....the horror! All kidding aside, I had a couple of these in past that ran equally well and I wish I had never sold them. These are great guns for the money and can frequently be found for less than a grand new on GB.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My old TRP was excellent. Never should have sold it. It shot perfectly from the day I bought it till the day I sold it. I bought it to hold me over while my Springfield Pro went back to the shop....like that makes sense...LOL.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Should of never sold the Pro...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast