Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASR users - Mounting issues?

Feedback Score

ASR users - Mounting issues?

I have been hearing a lot of anecdotal reports regarding ASR mounts not allowing proper alignment, sending cans down range etc. I’m trying to gauge wether this is actually a common problem and worth investing in a Q Plan B or DeadAir Key-Mo. I just Rocksetted ASR brakes on both rifles the Saker will be on, but I’m willing to remove it for something else if it’s worth it... just can’t tell if this is overblown user errors or actually mounting issues with a flawed system. Thanks in advance.

(I’m not too worried about the reports of ASR mounted suppressors getting stuck, I guess a little anti-seize on the taper and not swapping hot can onto cold rifle will solve that)

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have two Sakers and an Omega with ASR mounts and have not had any issues with them. Saker and Saker K on 10.3 to 18" uppers in 5.56 and the Omega on .308, 6.5CM, and an AK in 7.62x39. Is the mounting system dated, yes, but it works and works well. The biggest issues were with the mounting system that they introduced with the Saker, but SiCo has gone to the ASR across the board for QD mounts.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No issues with my ASR and Saker K.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an Omega, Specwar 556 and Specwar 556 K that spend time on 4 or 5 different rifles with no problems.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess I’m one of the lucky ones who has never had a problem with my ASR’s on multiple platforms.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have 3 ASR's mounted with no issues.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Same deal, no issues with mounting my Specwar.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Zero issues with an omega. Lots of rounds through it on a multitude of platforms.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have an Omega and SakerK and have had the Omega come off on one occasion. Done correctly, the ASR works fine but does seem to leave more room for error. I've swapped to the Key-Mo for both as it is a much more secure system, IMO. It also allows for easier one-hand operation, again IMO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit_Hit View Post
    I have been hearing a lot of anecdotal reports regarding ASR mounts not allowing proper alignment, sending cans down range etc. I’m trying to gauge wether this is actually a common problem and worth investing in a Q Plan B or DeadAir Key-Mo. I just Rocksetted ASR brakes on both rifles the Saker will be on, but I’m willing to remove it for something else if it’s worth it... just can’t tell if this is overblown user errors or actually mounting issues with a flawed system. Thanks in advance.

(I’m not too worried about the reports of ASR mounted suppressors getting stuck, I guess a little anti-seize on the taper and not swapping hot can onto cold rifle will solve that)
    Is it possible those reports are of the trifecta mount and not the ASR? The trifecta mount on the earlier Saker was easy to get "wrong"; ie you thought it was attached correctly, but was not. The ASR is much harder to get get a false mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast