Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASR users - Mounting issues?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have a Key Mo on my Saker. Never even tried the ASR mount due to how superior the Key Mo is. ASR mount and FH went back into the box upon receipt of can.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I strictly use ASR Mounts as the suppressors I have are only set up to take them, Specwar 762, Specwar 556K and and Omega 9K with an ASR Adapter. I have had no issues with them. The issues that most people seem to have are user issues, I.E. threaded the suppressor on, and not turning the locking collar, threading the suppressor on and turning it half way, threading the suppressor on with the mount halfway closed ratcheting the locking pawls onto the mount, etc.

Can the ASR locking pawls wear and become loose over time? Yes. This can be fixed by the end user, or SilencerCo will fix it.

Most of the issues also stem from particular makers confusing the ASR mount with the MAAD mount, which absolutely sucks.

Feedback Score
    I haven't any trouble with the brake or flash hider

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EHilderbrand View Post
    ... The issues that most people seem to have are user issues, I.E. ... threading the suppressor on with the mount halfway closed ratcheting the locking pawls onto the mount, etc.
    This, Of which I'm total guilty of..

Our local PD had silencers by BlackHawk basically same mount. Cans going down range.
    The user issue is that you must make sure your hands are nowhere near the locking collar as you thread it on, or you risk turning the locking collar also as you thread it on.

Human nature is to grab it as close to the base/locking collar as possible, Really BAD..

Mine went 25 feet down range, had it back in 2 weeks under warranty.

Feedback Score
    No issue with Omega.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've seen this perpetuated on TOS quite a bit, I'm not sure if it's real or an effort to sell more KeyMo conversions. I have not had a problem with an Omega or Specwar K.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the replies. Very helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12