Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK12 or SAMR Build

Feedback Score
    Hey Y'all, thanks for your input. Looked at many different options. Put together comparison lists from what y'all shared. One option was a low budget YHM build with the Brownells 1:7 MK12. The other was what I am really wanting which is a BCM build. Went to Primary Arms and loaded a basket with BCM and the SS MK12, did the same with BCM Brownells, and again with BCM usa. Just a 1:8 guy and am more familiar with shooting Open Iron with that rifling. Only experience I had with 1:7 was in MCRD with the A1 in which did well for me to earn expert at Edson range CP. And that's why I am leaning BCM since they seem to be the only makers of a 1:8 that's affordable. In the end, there will be a suppressor. YHM phantom from the Silencer Shop which will be my very first can ever. Funny, coming from CA to TX in 2014, I'd never thought I'd live to see this dream come true! I also have a BCM 300 BO 16" for pigs, and a couple of 5.56 Colts. AR15A4 Milspec and a M4 6920 LE CK for coyotes and to practice with my misses. A4 is fun to work drill and show off some Snap and Pop for the grand kids!

Thank You M4 Brothers for your Knowledge Base.
    MR

Feedback Score
    Has anyone built a 6.8 SPC MK12 yet? Just wondering. Saw another thread on a .308 MK12 build that Mr. Vickers roped in on... 6.8 SPC seems to be getting very popular here in the Big Country.

Feedback Score
    Looks good for 91.44 meters. Whats the grouping at 546.807 yards with 62 or 68 GR?

Feedback Score
    Can a member tell me what that collar piece is on the SPR in between the front sight gas block and the muzzle brake? The one that tapers down.

I have started assembling parts in a container for my SPR MK12 5.56 build, and am at the barrel assembly. I've decided to go with the BCM SS410 1/8.

Thank You,
    MR

Feedback Score

What's that Barrel Collar in between Front Sight Gas Block & Muzzle Brake Called?

Can a member tell me what that collar piece is on the SPR in between the front sight gas block and the muzzle brake? The one that tapers down. And where can I get it?

I have started assembling parts in a container for my SPR MK12 5.56 build, and am at the barrel assembly. I've decided to go with the BCM SS410 1/8.

Thank You,
    MR

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Multiple sources for the, but here is the OG:

http://aesuppressors.com/suppressors/AEM5.html

I believe ADCO also offers this. Multiple vendors sell barrels with this already installed, last I looked around.

Feedback Score
    Thank You So Much Sir! Much appreciate your help with this question.

MR

Feedback Score
    I have been very satisfied with my BCM Mk12 upper. The barrel has been accurate enough for my use.

Feedback Score

BCM MK12 Upper

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I have been very satisfied with my BCM Mk12 upper. The barrel has been accurate enough for my use.
    Thank you for your reply Sir. I like that the BCM MK12 barrel 1/8 sells for a decent price. Use to have a Colt 1986 SP215007 HBAR with the 1/8. My neighbor use to reload and I bought some Speer 68 grain BT and it was awesome to rounds hitting center mass at a dog target 500 yards away with open iron sights. After decades of a break from shooting and moving to Texas 6 years ago from California where I am from, I got my man card back and started up a new collection of AR's. And weapon systems have come a long way since my first AR in the mid 80's. Like to recapture that same effect that I had with my first HBAR.

Since you own a BCM MK12 upper, what length is your PRI free float hand guard?

Feedback Score
    I saw clint post this earlier, but Mod H is a solid path to go down. 16" inch with a midlength gas system, get it chambered in .223 wylde and it'll cover all your needs. I say this having gone down the mod 1 route, I was severely disappointed at the end result. Yeah it was accurate, bipoded up I could punch sub-moa groups all day. But damn is it heavy and un-wieldly.

If you're gonna be walking around in fields or cow pastures which is where I have to walk to kill pigs, I'd much rather have something lighter than the alternative. Especially if you're going out on foot.
    I'm trying to find a place within peace. And if not, let us fill it with mayhem.
    -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast