Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MK12 or SAMR Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    I saw clint post this earlier, but Mod H is a solid path to go down. 16" inch with a midlength gas system, get it chambered in .223 wylde and it'll cover all your needs. I say this having gone down the mod 1 route, I was severely disappointed at the end result. Yeah it was accurate, bipoded up I could punch sub-moa groups all day. But damn is it heavy and un-wieldly.

If you're gonna be walking around in fields or cow pastures which is where I have to walk to kill pigs, I'd much rather have something lighter than the alternative. Especially if you're going out on foot.
    Thank You for your reply Mr. Mike,

Looking to go this route in hopes of keeping the weight down. Yes, that would be me humping in the field hunting hogs. https://www.precisionreflex.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13398 Just do not know what length of forearm to get. From what I read, the MK12 runs a rifle length gas tube. Plus I went ahead and have already purchased the Yankee Hill https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod44758.aspx.

MR

Feedback Score
    Mod O & 1 both rock a 12" handguard. Best of luck.
    I'm trying to find a place within peace. And if not, let us fill it with mayhem.
    -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Feedback Score
    Thank You Mr. Mike! Appreciate your help Sir!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McReaser View Post
    Thank you for your reply Sir. I like that the BCM MK12 barrel 1/8 sells for a decent price. Use to have a Colt 1986 SP215007 HBAR with the 1/8. My neighbor use to reload and I bought some Speer 68 grain BT and it was awesome to rounds hitting center mass at a dog target 500 yards away with open iron sights. After decades of a break from shooting and moving to Texas 6 years ago from California where I am from, I got my man card back and started up a new collection of AR's. And weapon systems have come a long way since my first AR in the mid 80's. Like to recapture that same effect that I had with my first HBAR.

Since you own a BCM MK12 upper, what length is your PRI free float hand guard?
    Not wanting to give you a swag number, I will check when I am next looking at it. Someone mentioned 12” and that sounds about right but I am not sure. The BCM website may have the length dimension listed.

Feedback Score
    Thank You Sir for your time and thought. It's much appreciated Sir.

MR

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you'll be doing a lot of foot movement carrying the rifle/carbine I'd build a 16- or 18-inch variant. You can get them in HBAR diameter, or have a 20-incher cut to length.

Your experience with an A1 confuses me. Rifle twists for those older weapons was-is 1-12. GI twist for A2, A4, and M4 is 1-7.

I prefer a collapsing stock for the fit and getting in-and-out of Razrs/quads or pickups, and seasonal length-of-pull change (am I wearing fatigues, fleece, gore-tex, and web gear, backpack, or camelbak?).

For a fixed stock I'd use an M16A1 buttstock (an affordable new production would be a CavArms equivalent).

For a rail you might want to take a look at SLR rifleworks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234