Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK12 or SAMR Build

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    HBAR is not needed and will likely be a regrettable mistake. Unless you just want to build a clone you might be better served by a Recee barrel for use as a ranch rifle.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...16-8-ib-bk.htm
    Last edited by mack7.62; 10-01-19 at 07:50.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McReaser View Post
    Not A Fan of 1/7. Never have been. Barely pulled Expert off in bootcamp 1/7 shooting a M109 ball round. My best were with a 1/8.
    Do you believe the twist rate was what determined your score or the ammo? Or the rifle itself? Perhaps the barrel itself was more conducive to accuracy. I’m a big advocate of using what you have.

I shoot a ton of 68/69/70 gr ammo through 1:7, 1:8, 1:7.7, and 1:9” twists.

My most accurate rifle is a 14.5” 1:7”.

I’d agree with the above, those clones are quite long in the tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My most consistently accurate upper is a PRI built Douglas 1in8 SS 16", heavy for is length due to the MK12 SPR barrel profile (but shorter).
    This is an updated version much more handy (as in light) 18" Noveske SS SPR 1in7 that printed the group below @100yrds 77 IMI OTM. And as always YMMV...

Last edited by LMT/556; 10-02-19 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    I’d skip the BCM barrels. White Oak is where I’d shop for a budget barrel that is more likely to shoot well. I’ve had a few of BCM’s barrels and was less than impressed. If you can afford $350 on a barrel, Proof Research Stainless barrels would be an option. A shooting buddy has a couple that hang with my Kreigers.

Barrel quality, barrel to upper fit, and your trigger are more important than configuration if accuracy is your first priority.

If you just want a clone mk12, buy from Centurion.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Myself, I’ve had poor experience with WOA. One barrel was lucky to break MOA and by 2500 rounds it was so eroded it shot out. I couldn’t hit anything at that point. I don’t like 2.5 MOA guns that much.

My BCM KD4 is quite accurate and had held up well. My SS410 barrel is ok on a accuracy but still shooting great 5k in.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What is your take on the KD4 7.7 twist?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    What is your take on the KD4 7.7 twist?
    7.7” is considered by a lot of competition shooters to be ideally suited for 77 gr Sierra MatchKings. I’ve used 70 gr TSX, 75 gr Hornady, 77 gr SMKs and 69 gr TMKs successfully with mine. I have also shot some 55 gr V-Maxes sub-MOA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Myself, I’ve had poor experience with WOA. One barrel was lucky to break MOA and by 2500 rounds it was so eroded it shot out. I couldn’t hit anything at that point. I don’t like 2.5 MOA guns that much.

My BCM KD4 is quite accurate and had held up well. My SS410 barrel is ok on a accuracy but still shooting great 5k
    Just proves that every barrel is different. I had a BA premium barrel that shot well but was toast by 1200 rounds.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You could always do a Mk12 Mod Holland, which is a Mk12 that was re-barreled with a 16" Noveske stainless barrel.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/mk...holland-rifle/
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Of...ad/118-703269/

Feedback Score
    Pri mk12 Douglas barreled uppers have some great offerings a little dated but very accurate. I’m a little biased as my mk12 is my favorite rifle and a white oak car axle weight barreled upper is close. If you want less weight and accuracy go with a noveske you won’t be disappointed. Hope this confused you as much as it cost me the last couple years

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast