Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRI PRC-148 PROBLEM-UPDATE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Unfortunately that appears to be the case. I’d at least test the U94 to determine if the radio’s wiring is the issue.
    I will.

If I were to send the Silynx cable to him, do u think would he mod that connector or just change it?

I honestly think it’s a radio connector issue but he swears not (as expected though).

Do you know if anyone who could or would do that work domestically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    UPDATE

Checked my U-94 Nexxus and it works properly. I spoke to Silynx and he’s going to send me a known good 10 pin cable to try. I had them shorten my original 10 pin cable so he thinks there may be a 5% chance something got messed up. He is also going to check the specs on my Clarus and headset unit (since it was one of the first ones made) to be certain there’s not an issue in it. He said they are designed to work on anything running the official Thales pin out so it should work since S says the radio is wired to that spec.

If all this fails, S agreed to swap out the radio unit for a 6 pin version. In this case, Silynx will trade out the 10 pin for a 6 pin cable at no cost to me as well.

That is super awesome of S given I’ve had the radio for a couple years even though it’s in like new condition.

I’ll report back when I have the answers to the check outs. Thanks for all the help!!!

"An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    He’s actually a super cool dude.

He posted recently that TRI is going to release an update to the PRC-117 in about 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    UPDATE

Checked my U-94 Nexxus and it works properly. I spoke to Silynx and he’s going to send me a known good 10 pin cable to try. I had them shorten my original 10 pin cable so he thinks there may be a 5% chance something got messed up. He is also going to check the specs on my Clarus and headset unit (since it was one of the first ones made) to be certain there’s not an issue in it. He said they are designed to work on anything running the official Thales pin out so it should work since S says the radio is wired to that spec.

If all this fails, S agreed to swap out the radio unit for a 6 pin version. In this case, Silynx will trade out the 10 pin for a 6 pin cable at no cost to me as well.

That is super awesome of S given I’ve had the radio for a couple years even though it’s in like new condition.

I’ll report back when I have the answers to the check outs. Thanks for all the help!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    He’s actually a super cool dude.

He posted recently that TRI is going to release an update to the PRC-117 in about 6 months.
    Not familiar with that but I’ll look it up. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lol @ that Bichone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Lol @ that Bichone

He got it in a trade.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    He got it in a trade.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    UPDATE!

So I got a “confirmed good” 10 pin loaner radio cable from Silynx my Silynx rep says that by p/n and s/n my ptt unit and head set, although early in the production, are supposed to work with 10 pin radios.

Same result. Put the headset on, turn the unit on, connect it to the radio and get massive feedback in my ears then nothing. I was just trying to monitor the local NWR station just to have something to hear.

My thought is that if I’m getting feedback through the unit to my ears that it SHOULD work.

Anyone got any thoughts before I have painfully to dump this and start over with 6 pin? TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    UPDATE!

It’s official. We have now found a device that the TRI 10 pin radios WILL NOT work with.

My Silynx Clarus checked out with Silynx on a legit Thales PRC-148. So whatever “Official Thales 10 pin diagram” that Shinq is using is old/has changed or incorrect.

He’s sending a 6 pin cable to test on a TRI 6 pin radio then Shinq states he would trade the 10 pin radio unit for a 6 pin version.

Thanks for all the help!!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    UPDATE!

...then Shinq states he would trade the 10 pin radio unit for a 6 pin version.

Thanks for all the help!!

That really is some outstanding customer support. You should post the link where you bought the radio. Hope it all gets resolved with the 6 pin version. I wasn't even aware they made a 10 pin version. I've only ever used 6 pin comms equipment. (Military anyway)
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast