Thread: RMR mount on Marlin 1894 - UPDATE 6/21/21

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

RMR mount on Marlin 1894 - UPDATE 12/11/21

Trijicon doesn't make a low base to put an RMR MRDS on the receiver of the Marlin 1894. There is a base and mounting plate if you use a piece of rail on the receiver or barrel, but that required an uncomfortable head position using a standard stock.
    This semi-custom mount is the lowest possible setup for the RMR that I have been able to come up with and it should work equally well on any side-eject lever action with a flat top receiver. It adapts an existing Glock mount and sealing plate: discard the dovetail insert for the Glock kit and drill mounting holes .500 center to center on the midline of the Glock base and use screws from the parts kits to mount the base in either the front or rear scope mount holes on the receiver. My gunsmith charged me $50 for the job. ETA: be careful not to over-torque the RMR mounting screws into this base. The base is aluminum, not steel, and you can strip the holes if you over-torque the screws.
    If the top of the receiver isn't already drilled and tapped for scope bases, the gunsmith can do the two holes for a few extra bucks.
    This gets the MRDS as low as possible for a decent cheek weld and allows old eyes to stay in the game a little longer.

Parts list:
    Trijicon AC32064 RMR Mounting Kit For Glock MOS and Springfield OSP Models
    UTG Super Slim RMR Mount for Glock Rear Sight Dovetail

RMR06-3 by Bruce, on Flickr

RMR06-2 by Bruce, on Flickr

84269D3C-C56D-4CAF-96B8-FF7D34FEE89E by Bruce, on Flickr
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 12-11-21 at 10:33. Reason: additonal useful information
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.