Thread: Proof research experience

Feedback Score

Proof research experience

I was wondering in anyone had experience with proof research’s stainless cut or button rifled ar15 barrels. I have been looking around the internet and haven’t found much.

I have a 16” BCM 410 stainless barrel and was thinking of upgrading.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has one cut and one button rifled Proof Stainless barrel. They both shoot very well. They give my kreigers a run for their money. This is with tuned hand loads.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    A friend of mine has one cut and one button rifled Proof Stainless barrel. They both shoot very well. They give my kreigers a run for their money. This is with tuned hand loads.
    Would you be happy with their performance vs your Krieger? Considering price differences? My BCM has been ok. I’ve had multiple 10 shot groups at 1 MOA. 3 shot at .4.

Looking for that .5-.75 MOA gun.

Feedback Score
    I’ll keep buying Kreigers. Nothing against the Proof barrels but I’ve been happy with the performance I’m getting from Kreiger. If I’d used proof barrels and were getting the results he is, I’d keep buying Proof. Once a company gains my business, I stick with them until they give me a reason to shop elsewhere.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    my 14.5in proof research 556 carbon fibre barrel will give me .75 moa 10 shot groups with surefire suppressor when bipodded and bagged prone.