Thread: Security systems

Feedback Score

Security systems

Went down to work on my house and noticed some asshole tired filling (4 yards of appliances/crap) my dumpster with random crap. I had a Lorex 8 channel system laying around which I have up and running. Once I get the house done, what is the best camera system you can recommend?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are many out there that are good or decent. It is more the camera itself and what you want to see. Axis cameras are a safe bet. They are not Chinese or OEM rebranded Chinese cameras. Made in Sweden. They also are not the cheapest ones either. You can use their free Axis Companion software and either store the video on micro SD cards at the camera or one of their recorders.

https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/axis-companion

Personally, I don't like SD cards because:
    1. when they go bad, you lose all video and you usually don't know they go bad until you need the video unless you are diligent in checking recording.
    2. If someone steals the camera, they also steal the video recording along with it.

but many people do use them and are a good budget option if you have a small number of cameras.

What is your main objective? Real time alerts? Get a license plate? Identify subject?