Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Truths I've arrived at

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I mean it’s like being cursed at in Spanish but better.
    Typically when you're getting cursed at in Spanish, it also involves said angry Latina burning of one's possessions, flattening of tires and/or destruction of domicile furnishings.

Then she'll cook you breakfast like nothing ever happened.

That's a harsh truth right there.

Some women are crazy, Latina women wear it like a badge of honor.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Which leads to another harsh truth. Polygamy should be legal but isn’t because The Man is keeping us down

And another harsh truth. Being cursed at by a chick in French is awesome. I mean it’s like being cursed at in Spanish but better.
    I wouldn't mind polygamy but I can't handle the one I have. Something about a Cajun woman and all that.

Now I disagree strongly about getting cursed out in French. My G-ma was French Catholic and I would get a big dose of that and wave a yardstick at me like I was Jake and Elwood or something. Made me very confused.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Typically when you're getting cursed at in Spanish, it also involves said angry Latina burning of one's possessions, flattening of tires and/or destruction of domicile furnishings.

Then she'll cook you breakfast like nothing ever happened.

That's a harsh truth right there.

Some women are crazy, Latina women wear it like a badge of honor.
    I think the scariest thing in life was going up to a trailer and getting confronted by a Latin chick cursing at me holding a butcher knife. The knife looked like a Wu Tang sword. I drew down on her telling her to stop and BTFO perfect Spanish. How I didn’t have to shoot her vexes me. It was a misunderstanding. Wrong address. Then she tries to leave me fried chicken with the front desk the next day.

But at that moment it felt like that Chopper Sic Balls scene in Stand By Me. Everything went slow motion and I felt as if I were narrating how I was gonna die.

So yeah. It’s like moth to flame man. It’s aaaallll good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    I wouldn't mind polygamy but I can't handle the one I have. Something about a Cajun woman and all that.

Now I disagree strongly about getting cursed out in French. My G-ma was French Catholic and I would get a big dose of that and wave a yardstick at me like I was Jake and Elwood or something. Made me very confused.
    Replace Gramma with hot brunette 20 year old. Then report your findings

Feedback Score
    There was a polygamist native american tribe. If the man could afford multiple wives he tried to marry sisters so he only had one set of in laws to be responsible for.

harsh truth: One's too many and several's not enough.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    There was a polygamist native american tribe. If the man could afford multiple wives he tried to marry sisters so he only had one set of in laws to be responsible for.

harsh truth: One's too many and several's not enough.
    Yeah life was like Pocahantas and Avatar before the Europeans came. Harems. Harems and homecooking. Women used tonfight over men. Lotsa black haired chicks running around all day wanting to cook or make babies.

But at least we got guns out of it. Kind of.

Yeah I’m not gonna dwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I forgot Brigitte was drop-dead gorgeous at one time. My vote's for Sharapova, regardless.
    Venus Williams was more cut at one time.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Venus Williams was more cut at one time.
    Truth.

Perhaps not like angular like Grace Jones but burly. She is the Apollo Creed to Sharapovas Drago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Harsh truth- Iron Sights suck, and only existed because optics sucked worse and it was better than guesstimating. If they'd have had decent optics in yo olde days of yore, they'd have used them and we'd have none of this "irons are king" nonsense today. Anyone deliberately choosing to go irons only today for any reason other than arctic conditions or monetary issues is to boomer for boomers.

That aside, I gotta agree. I've found myself in a bit of "trim the fat" mode over the last year, and am honestly considering ditching a few guns. Just waiting to see if there will be a ban panic first...
    I agree with you that optics are better. I wasn't really speaking of that, but more to the "chasing the dragon" that tends to happen resulting in accrual of tons of fancy carbine stuff.

I haven't even shot a carbine in six months or better and really have no interest anymore. I also am considering getting rid stuff. Maybe I'll keep one 16" middy with a T2 just to have some kind of long gun.

I'm way more into Glocks these days and just don't enjoy fooling around with carbines. I wouldn't even be on this forum if it wasn't for threads like this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is the place we find ourselves finding ourselves.

NongShim said something in a thread that resonated with me. Paraphrasing but “KISS doesn’t mean poor”. And like some places (barfcom) take “KISS” to mean IDF style guns carried by women. Lame. Like no matter how big a Jewaboo IDF fan boy you are....being stuck with a hacked up M16 carbine and an early 00s MARS sight on a gooseneck mount is lame and dumb. I mean, I care more about the girls than the guns in those pictures. The OG 107 and dark hair. It enthralls me.

Like Micro BUIS or MBUS seems like a good idea but whatever is able to kill your ACOG will likely kill you along with it.

ACOG/RMR or LPVO and call it good. Maybe a red dot.

Kyle Defoor made a post on either here or his blog years ago basically saying you’ll never be faster with irons than with a red dot.

It’s good to know how to use them. And have some old Garand. But it’s just about 2020, save the eyestrain and actually hit what you shoot.

Also ditching guns you don’t use is liberating. Minimalism is great

Why have Jay Lenos garage when your Toyota gets you where you wanna go?

I’d rather have something that works all day than something that looks cool or impresses people.

I don’t regret some of the toys I’ve had but I enjoy my necessities more.
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-11-19 at 07:21.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast