Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Truths I've arrived at

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You have a point.

Per seducing Soviet Snipers and wifing them up and stealing away with them to homes in the country....

Like we’d start over in America. She would be a seamstress and I’d find work at the library.

By the time the hippies became a thing I’d be dead plus the 50s were pretty happening
    I'm reasonably certain I'd start a foster home for wayward and morally loose Israeli women soldiers.

I'm caring like that.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Whoa there.

Tombstone was an ensemble cast.
    Well said, Firefly...you need to calm yourself.

Or...."OK, Boomer."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm reasonably certain I'd start a foster home for wayward and morally loose Israeli women soldiers.

I'm caring like that.
    Have at it, Cuz.

I’m just trying to smuggle my Soviet sniper chick to America along with some paintings and gold. And some Hi Powers and SVT-40s and STG-44s for a rainy day.

Maybe settle in Cali. Land was affordable. It would be another 40 years before any gun bans.

If anyone asks, I’d tell folks she’s swedish

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    -9mm is the only relevant pistol caliber
    -762x39 is great just not in an AK
    -AKs are crap
    -SCARS are fail
    -You really only need two ARs, maybe extra uppers. But only two real ARs
    -Age hits you one way or the other. You get fatter and balder or your friends and family die off. Or both. And You'll die too but not before taking it from behind. Many many times.
    -God answers all prayers,it's just the answer is usually "Hell no"
    -black folks havent made real music since the 80s
    -White folks just copy black folks and make it non-threatening
    -Loudness never equals masculinity. It just makes you sound feral and uncouth
    -There are actual fates worse than death. It's not just a saying
    -Woodland is overrated
    -Old people are grouchy for a reason
    -Dubstep sounds like robots fornicating
    -Deadpool was never cool. Never. Not even for a minute. It's dumb.
    -If the government truly cared about us they'd put LSD in the water and drop random conex boxes of 249s and let nature decide
    -Black folks giving their kids bullshit names is peak 4D trolling and white people take it seriously. Chumps
    -At some point,your grandmother who went to church, cooked thanksgiving, and blessed every meal and never cursed had wild, sweaty sex and got into it. That's not a diss. That happened. I know it happened because otherwise you wouldn't be here. Neither would I. Its humbling really.
    -Glock 19s really are the only right answer
    -Bolt actions are pointless. I dont care if you were like the dude from Sniper with ghillie suits and merking dudes on black ops. Pointless and lame.
    -762x51 is also pointless
    -Revolvers are toys
    -Gun collecting is the ultimate dragon chase. I dare say you get a more well lived life from a solid year of legit Heroin use than gunhoarding. Pointless
    -Sometimes a cigarette and a Rockstar recovery can make you feel alive
    -American cars suck
    -Everything is a religion
    -I dont trust people who have never been lost in the woods at least once
    -Arfcom is like the San Francisco of gun owners and almost makes me sympathize with gun banning pols
    -The more you spend on knowledge the less shit you realize you need
    -anger is overrated

OK, Boomer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    - Some Kind of Wonderful is better than Pretty in Pink
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-10-19 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Have at it, Cuz.

I’m just trying to smuggle my Soviet sniper chick to America along with some paintings and gold. And some Hi Powers and SVT-40s and STG-44s for a rainy day.

Maybe settle in Cali. Land was affordable. It would be another 40 years before any gun bans.

If anyone asks, I’d tell folks she’s swedish
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a Soviet Rocket Forces chick.

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You have very patrician taste, sir

I didn’t expect this thread to go this way but I’m not complaining

ETA Alizee as French Resistance. Actually nah just because I am getting blonded out and I like Alizee.

Which leads to another harsh truth. Polygamy should be legal but isn’t because The Man is keeping us down

And another harsh truth. Being cursed at by a chick in French is awesome. I mean it’s like being cursed at in Spanish but better.
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-10-19 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Nothing like crazy eyes sniping your ass from 800 meters.

Imagine this girl just lost her new husband and all of her male relatives are dead or mia. Now she gets a chance to even things out a bit. An angry female with a gun...and she's taking it real personal.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    -Say what you want but Brie Larson is still attractive in that grudge sort of way. If properly pleased she would undoubtedly assimilate to all your strongly held thoughtpaths, but then she would lose what made her attractive. She’s thirty something, but symmetrical. I feel her outspokenness and meanness is what makes her enchanting
    No.
    Just...no. There are plenty of chicks that are "mean-pretty". She's not one of them.

-Superhero movies are boring. Except Punisher War Zone
    Agree, except for Infinity War and THE batman trilogy. Ok, and Kick-Ass, if that counts...
    A big fat no on War Zone. I mean, ok , it was stupid fun, but still stupid. And that made it boring.

-“Gun people” will ruin guns forever.
    I'm sorry mate, but Bailey ain't gonna start churning out rainbow colored AR-180s for you anytime soon...

-“Green dominant” ERDL wasn’t as cool as people like to think.
    Indeed, but green DPM was and it doesn't get near the press it deserves compared to God's Camo and Rhodies.
    Yes, I said it. DPM is ally as f***

-All masculinity is toxic but then again so is chemo. That’s how you know it works.
    -The King is not the problem. It’s the kings men you have to worry about.
    I'm stealing this for memes.

-You will never get to hunt dinosaurs with a Barrett.
    Don't know man, I think Pelosi or Walters would qualify at least, right? Maybe Bernie? At least several of the GOP?

(it's a joke FBI, go away)

-If a dog can’t eat it or hump it, they piss on it and forget it.
    -Conversely, I’ve never heard of dogs committing suicide.
    A valid observation, but you can't piss on people, punch them, shoot them, or hardly even call them names anymore, so the only thing left to do is kill ourselves...

-The edgy music you enjoy will eventually be on an oldies station
    When the day comes when I hear hardcore death metal blasting in an elevator, I will believe this. And then I will find a hill to jump off.
    The REAL harsh truth is, all the oldies "boomer music" was actually pretty tame and forgettable, aside from a very few truly great examples, which is why those few examples are ALL anyone plays on the radio, movies,TV, etc. And even THAT only got huge because after everyone got bored flying around in helicopters shooting things, they came home and discovered LSD, and that shit will make the dump I took this morning seem far out, man. Then in the 80s it was cocaine and stipperific workout models, so of course everyone has fond memories.
    All the "classic rock" and etc got big because of the times, not that it was better than what came before it.
    You never hear crooners from the 20s and so on in elevators or on mainstream TV. You know why? Everyone that made "that time" of music related historical nostalgia is dead.
    When the last of the hippie/boomer crowd dies, so will the oh-so-revered "classics" because their music-related historical nostalgia is irrelevant to the current up-and-comers.

And then all that will be left is Taylor Swift, Cardi B., a plethora of soundcloud mumble rappers, and the remnants of the depressed 90s kids living out the last of their grunge-rock angst, and it will be well and truly time to die.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    There is a lot of truth to this. The happiest I ever have been with my gun stuff was when I only owned one old Glock 19 and an iron sighted Colt 6720 and didn't read gun forums.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing.
    Harsh truth- Iron Sights suck, and only existed because optics sucked worse and it was better than guesstimating. If they'd have had decent optics in yo olde days of yore, they'd have used them and we'd have none of this "irons are king" nonsense today. Anyone deliberately choosing to go irons only today for any reason other than arctic conditions or monetary issues is to boomer for boomers.

That aside, I gotta agree. I've found myself in a bit of "trim the fat" mode over the last year, and am honestly considering ditching a few guns. Just waiting to see if there will be a ban panic first...

Another harsh truth: Politics and all aside, Ed Harris was the hero of Enemy at the Gates and should’ve shot Jude Law.
    Like in Real Life, Ed Harris would’ve greased them all and married the Russian girl, adopted the kid, and like joined the Foreign Legion after the war and joined the Devil’s Brigade.
    "What did you feel shooting all those communists sir?"
    "Recoil..."
    Last edited by Jellybean; 12-10-19 at 21:03.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Imagine this girl just lost her new husband and all of her male relatives are dead or mia. Now she gets a chance to even things out a bit. An angry female with a gun...and she's taking it real personal.
    She looks like Glenn Danzig

@Jellybean Bailey Jay is affiliated with LMT
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-10-19 at 21:04.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast