Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Harsh Truths I've arrived at

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    -The edgy music you enjoy will eventually be on an oldies station
    I remember the first time I heard Van Halen on the classic rock station I was like "what the?? That's not classic rock! That's what I grew up with!".
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When the NFL players I knew and loved as a teenage boy were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame I remember thinking, “man I’m getting old.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    -Somewhere, right now, there is a hippie looking dude wearing tattered Nam era OG-107s, Hawaiian shirts, old faded cargo pants, Work Boots he resoles himself with an old Colt SP1 and a 3-9 scope he lubes and properly maintains religiously living in an RV in the desert. He’s unfettered by the social mores and is living the life we all aspire to have. He doesn’t even have a cell phone. Just a ham radio.
    There is a lot of truth to this. The happiest I ever have been with my gun stuff was when I only owned one old Glock 19 and an iron sighted Colt 6720 and didn't read gun forums.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    The only reason your cat doesnt kill and eat you is because you are just too big.
    If you die alone in your house with cats, I give you an ironclad guarantee that the "too big" part will not stop them from making you into a fancy feast. Dogs are maybe 1 in 20 in that regard - cats are 9.9/10. Personally, I couldn't care less what my dog does to me after I'm dead and I'm not vain enough to think he should die next to me, but when people go on about cats, I tell them that ratio and how I know it. That usually gives them pause.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    There is a lot of truth to this. The happiest I ever have been with my gun stuff was when I only owned one old Glock 19 and an iron sighted Colt 6720 and didn't read gun forums.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing.
    Truth. Life was beautifully simple with my Mini-14, Glock 17, and dial-up internet.

Any of you remember "The Sunscreen Song"? It was actually a (fictional) commencement address put to music, but, man, that song really talks to me now in a way I never could've comprehended 20 years ago.
    Last edited by sundance435; 12-09-19 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    The dog to cat ratio would have to have a time limit involved, perhaps limited to how often your dog has to be fed.
    If your dog goes long enogh without a meal and you are lying there cold...

As a teenager back in the 60's, 4 of us would drive to a dump down a dirt road and spend the day shooting with our .22s.
    Much of my recreational shooting is trying to have that much fun again.
    Last edited by Pi3; 12-09-19 at 14:58.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another harsh truth: Politics and all aside, Ed Harris was the hero of Enemy at the Gates and should’ve shot Jude Law.

Change my mind.

I still don’t see how he lost. Also I don’t feel bad for the kid. He was given an out. Also why wasn’t Ed Harris toting a Hi Power?

I hate Hollywood. How does an Olympic gold medalist who merks Russians all day for a job lose to Jude Law?

Jude. Law. Like I can’t even.

I want a remake like Shooter but where Ed Harris wins.

Don’t care. Don’t care. I just don’t like Jude Law.

I didn’t even like Gattaca. Or that other movie he was in. I also hated the political Commissar.

Like in Real Life, Ed Harris would’ve greased them all and married the Russian girl, adopted the kid, and like joined the Foreign Legion after the war and joined the Devil’s Brigade.

Feedback Score
    How about replacing Jude Law with an actress playing a female Russian sniper? That may have been a more realistic scenario.
    you get to pick the actress.

https://mashable.com/2016/07/30/soviet-women-snipers/
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brigitte Nielsen c. 1985 is the only woman I believe could take out Ed Harris.

Maybe Maria Sharapova

But it wouldn’t be with guns. It’d be with knives.

She’d have to wear coveralls with the zipper half down and they’d fight hand to hand as Stukas bombed the hell out of the place.

Also they’d play a jazzed up version or Korobeneiki while they fought.

That’s the only way I accept Ed Harris’ fate

ETA

Last edited by Firefly; 12-09-19 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    -“Green dominant” ERDL wasn’t as cool as people like to think.
    What???? When did that memo come out?

Compared to OG it was so cool. Then BDUs and woodland erupted and its like what happened to the colors????

I still have some, both the tropical with lime shades and the more forest green.

Next you'll say Rhodesian camo is lame... say its not so! (I also have some of that from the late 70s, too small now though. Found and wore it in college)

-The edgy music you enjoy will eventually be on an oldies station
    Was riding with my brother and my two (at the time) young sons somewhere one night, cranking Pink Floyd Wish you were here.

My brother looks over and sez: "you do realize your boys are going to grow up thinking this is elevator music". Yep, he was right.

Gitte Neilson... Perfect for this cop on a forum I read! "Dream of large women, my friend"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually Rhodie camo is like Woodland and Tiger Stripe had a baby and is therefore awesome.

In real life green dom is kinda “glowy”.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast