Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjustable gas block advice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    So I plan on making a 20inch m110ish 308. I found a place that has the Troy 308 mrf rail, I plan on using aero receivers, and a faxon 308 match 5r 20inch barrel. I’m going to get a surefire 300 sps with my reenlistment bonus and I know 308’s can be picky. Who has experience with using adjustable gas blocks? Is the superlative arms the best one? Also any reason why people choose the clamp on version? I’m looking to get one that will is the least likely for the gas adjustment to back off. I’ve seen too many friends have their 3gun rifle turn into a bolt gun mid match. I’m thinking about doing a JP silent capture spring too.
    I also have a 16" mid-length with a Superlative Arms adj. gas block. With a 14" handguard, I have no problems adjusting with the supplied allen wrench.
    Like has been mentioned previously, .308 is finicky. Mine is set up for the ONE particular load I shoot in this gun to run 100%. Other loads are hit/miss on reliability. YMMV (especially if you opt for a rifle length-gas system which are more forgiving.)

Feedback Score
    Just to throw out another option, Odin Works has a nice one which has kept my .308 running well for a while now, also adjusts from the front.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12