Thread: Fiocchi 9mm 124 gr. FMJ vs. Magtech 9mm 124 gr. FMJ

Feedback Score

Fiocchi 9mm 124 gr. FMJ vs. Magtech 9mm 124 gr. FMJ

Is one better than the other and does one burn cleaner than
    the other?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Magtech is produced for them by CBC (Brazilian munitions manufacturer).
    It isn’t particularly clean and has exhibited some fairly extreme spreads in velocity- which make it less than ideal as a precision round.

Fiocchi has been more consistent in regards to velocity spread, as well as cleaner burning IME.

Both are entirely adequate for range use.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    OK, thanks I appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I won't buy Magtech anymore after the last few boxes of 9mm I tried. The stuff was extremely dirty. It's still fine for range use, but there are better options. I haven't shot Fiocchi pistol ammo, but last time I tried some of their 300blk, it was also very dirty with a lot of unburnt powder. I just stick with Blazer Brass or Federal Eagle these days.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Most of the guys that shoot with us run Blazer (Brass) if they don’t reload.

Seems to be good stuff.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used Megtech recently at a few classes. Didn't notice anything odd. Couldn't say if it was dirty.....I don't pay attention to that stuff. Gun cleaning for me is like going to the dentist. I have to do it but want to get it over and done with asap

Feedback Score
    I've shot a bunch of Fiocchi 9mm, and it runs really well. It's one of three or four loads I shoot a lot of. I've run some Magtech and didn't have any problems with it, but it's probably been less than 500 rounds, and most of it was in the first 1000 rounds after I bought my M9.

With the statements here made about Magtech being inconsistent makes me curious how chrono testing will go. Got a bunch of 9mm loads to chronograph over about five barrel lengths when I get my 92 compact's slide back from refinishing.