Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRO Dot Size and Parallax?

Feedback Score
    I just put a green one on my SBR yesterday replacing a Vortex sparc2. I mounted it on a qd AMD in the event it fogs up coming out of the AC car into high humidity.

Feedback Score
    I purchased a MRO in green and returned it. The dot was not crisp at all. Went back to an Eotech.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    I purchased a MRO in green and returned it. The dot was not crisp at all. Went back to an Eotech.
    I don’t Have a single rds that is crisp but, it is due to an astigmatism so I deal with it as best I can.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainte View Post
    I don’t Have a single rds that is crisp but, it is due to an astigmatism so I deal with it as best I can.
    I have the same problem but I had read the Green Dot worked better for those of us with astigmatism, it wasn't the case for me. The Aimpoint pro had the clearest of all single dots for me.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by rt7; 10-26-19 at 03:49. Reason: Double post

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    I have the same problem but I had read the Green Dot worked better for those of us with astigmatism, it wasn't the case for me. The Aimpoint pro had the clearest of all single dots for me.
    My dots in my PRO and MRO look identical to my eye. Both are the same size and appear "smudged" apparently due to my astigmatism.

I want to try a LPVO to see if that works any better for me. I might have to visit Primary Arms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Probably common knowledge, but-

Your rear BUIS (it present), particularly using the small aperture, does wonders for sharpening the Dot if you have astigmatism.
    I use the combination on tight or distance shots where speed is not critical.
    This set up obviously sucks for CQB/close ‘n fast, but I find a well defined Dot not necessary in that role.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12