Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCY Handgun ..... opinions wanted

Feedback Score

SCCY Handgun ..... opinions wanted

Last week a friend who used to be a firearms trainer with the FBI mentioned he found a deal on an SCCY pistol from PSA and with the sale and rebate , he got one for T&E for under $200 . I`ve never heard of them and am more than a little leary of it , but he said he would let me know how things turn out at the range .

Anyone here familiar with handgun ? I have zero plans to get one , but was just curious what you get for the $200 range ...... who knows .

Feedback Score
    A friend has one. It doesn’t run and it’s clunky and awkward. Run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    $250 Shield Gen 1s are a much better buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    $200 is about normal price for a SCCY.

It's probably about as good as a Hi-Point.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    PSA had them for like $125 after rebate. I would take one over a high point if I had to but that's about it

There was a thread on another forum about one in a holster sitting in a guys kitchen table just going off. They determined the hammer just fell after it was cocked I believe.

I dry fired one at a store once for the hell of it. Trigger is terrible as well.

For someone in an extreme budget I would feel most comfortable recommending a Ruger lcp for $180 or pick up a used shield for $200 or so

I would even go as far as to recommend the Taurus G2c over it if they can't send over $200 and wanted a small double stack

Feedback Score
    My buddy had one for his wife, we could not get it to run HP’s reliably.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SCCY pistols are great if you're looking for a trotline weight.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback .... kinda what I expected . No , I have/had no plans to get one , just curious as I`ve never heard of them or have seen one

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    Thanks for the feedback .... kinda what I expected . No , I have/had no plans to get one , just curious as I`ve never heard of them or have seen one
    The SCCY is just a P11 knockoff, and the company was founded by an ex-Kel-Tec employee. Not surprising you haven't heard of them or seen one, they're pretty much built to the lowest possible price-point and marketed to consumers who will likely never fire them.

For me, the most memorable thing about SCCY pistols is at one point the lifetime warranty included coverage for theft...until they started being stolen at such a high rate they set some sort of record for a short "time-to-crime" gap (the time between legal sale or reported theft/loss and when a firearm is used in a crime) for a brand of firearm, and then removed theft coverage from their warranty, probably at least partly because of pressure from ATF.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Turds
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast